Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines manchester to brisbane

Singapore Airlines manchester to brisbane

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

nic74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore Airlines manchester to brisbane

Hi all

Has anyone done the Manchester to Brisbane route with Singapore airlines recently as I just wanted to know what the stop overs where.

On the website the route is showing as Manchester to Munich then to singapore then onto brisbane. I have tried different dates and it is always same route. i thought they only stopped over at singapore and was wondering whether this has changed or am I being a dimwit on the singapore site.

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:35 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines manchester to brisbane

Yes it changed. All MAN - SIN flights stop at MUC.

To compensate they gave you a better plane with the latest seat products.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

manzipoo will become famous soon enough

Yeh, we are flying to Melbourne with Singapore, its a quick stop to Munich don't get off, so I was told by agent.
Then to singapore. We fly in May
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

I have a quote for Singapore to Sydney for the summer for £4,900. Three of the legs are on A380's. On Emirates if you opt for one A380 leg then its in excess of £5k.

There seems to have been a move towards more stops. Dubai to Sydney for us will most probably mean Bangkok and Singapore stops for an hour or so.

Can anyone shine a light on why there are more stops - or is it just my impression?

Bezza
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It's jut your impression, if anything there are more options with less stops now. Regional UK airports to east coast Aus with just one stop for example.

The Manchester Munich thing is a commercial decision I suppose - and the flight now goes more times per week but with the stop.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
It's jut your impression, if anything there are more options with less stops now. Regional UK airports to east coast Aus with just one stop for example.

The Manchester Munich thing is a commercial decision I suppose - and the flight now goes more times per week but with the stop.
How regional do you mean BC? Stansted?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jothefw
How regional do you mean BC? Stansted?
Anywhere that Emirates flies - so Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham all one stop. Then you've got Etihad too, just Manchester there I think (and Dublin). Not so good for you though as neither of them fly to Adelaide.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

snaileyes11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manzipoo
Yeh, we are flying to Melbourne with Singapore, its a quick stop to Munich don't get off, so I was told by agent.
Then to singapore. We fly in May
We fly this route on Sunday, and I was under the impression you do get off at Munich??
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:49 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foy465
We fly this route on Sunday, and I was under the impression you do get off at Munich??
Get off if you want but i suspect you'll be arrested on the tarmac
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

dont know if you have booked yet but have a look at EVA, they where great when we flew over before there business class is equivalent to everybody else's first class.

But you'll have to fly from heathrow but you'll save money compared to others.

have a look and see what you think
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
dont know if you have booked yet but have a look at EVA, they where great when we flew over before there business class is equivalent to everybody else's first class.

But you'll have to fly from heathrow but you'll save money compared to others.

have a look and see what you think
EVA business class is nothing like Emirates first class
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/f...te_suites.aspx
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foy465
It seems to vary. My husband does the journey a few times a year and on some trips he has had to get off the plane, and then on others he stayed on. Not sure how they decide what is going to happen.
Singapore had cut down their flights from Manchester but now with the pick up in Munich they have gone back to flights every day.