Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines or Emirates - who should we fly with?

Singapore Airlines or Emirates - who should we fly with?

Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Singapore Airlines or Emirates - who should we fly with?

I really hope it comes through for you soon. Are you a CSL application? Those are being allocated quite quickly it seems. Fingers crossed for you soon!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:47 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
We're going to Adelaide if we ever get our visa Less options than some but I have found some interesting routes - NZ Airlines fly via LA and then via Aukland to Adelaide. That's some flying, know someone who did it

The problem with the 'delay' on the visa is that it is going to cost us money

Cooler
Our delay wasn't with the visa, we got that in 7 months it was the sale of the house that did it for us Took 16 months We finally complete this friday & have booked our flights with SA for 20th Oct from Heathrow to Perth on th A380..... We had to do a recci to validate our visa's What a waste of a lot of money....... It seems thats the norm for everyone to waste loads of money before they make their final move! I'ts never straight forward is it?
Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:56 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Our delay wasn't with the visa, we got that in 7 months it was the sale of the house that did it for us Took 16 months We finally complete this friday & have booked our flights with SA for 20th Oct from Heathrow to Perth on th A380..... We had to do a recci to validate our visa's What a waste of a lot of money....... It seems thats the norm for everyone to waste loads of money before they make their final move! I'ts never straight forward is it?
Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon
Thanks, and you're right about the money

We sold and left the house, hmm about six weeks ago and have lived with friends and family since.

Cooler
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:02 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I really hope it comes through for you soon. Are you a CSL application? Those are being allocated quite quickly it seems. Fingers crossed for you soon!
On the CSL and all items went to met bar two (3rd Sept) when we checked and application being processed further. The file for passport for one of the kids would not appered to have opened but our agent has not yet been emailed so we are in limbo as they cannot email without knowing the CO.

Hopefully, not too long

Cooler
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:50 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Thanks, and you're right about the money

We sold and left the house, hmm about six weeks ago and have lived with friends and family since.

Cooler
Our container left for Perth on the 20th August We have also been living with rellies till we go on the 20th October......
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

thebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chilliman
It was the 30kg plus the free golf clubs plus the flights were cheaper than Singapore!! Booking them this week!

Only question is whether to book single or a return with return for next summer so I can come back & see my partner in the summer? Looking at the cost of booking flights from Oz I think the return is the best option!?
so, not only are the flights cheaper, but you also got an extra 10kg of luggage, plus the golf clubs and also managed to leave the OH at home....

brave man!!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by thebooys
so, not only are the flights cheaper, but you also got an extra 10kg of luggage, plus the golf clubs and also managed to leave the OH at home....

brave man!!
Either very brave, or very stupid ... time will tell!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hey guys, we got a request for passport page and form 80 today, sent straight away so not long now.....................

Love Mrs Cooler xxx
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Cooler
Hey guys, we got a request for passport page and form 80 today, sent straight away so not long now.....................

Love Mrs Cooler xxx
it's ganna be tonight!

Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the roughMrs Cooler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulry
it's ganna be tonight!

Look at jen's fb page we made as song up lol xxxxx

and thanks for Karma starting to feel like a karma whore already
Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:46 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=brisbec;7892135]Tricky one that!

Unless Emirates are now using the A380, then the flight used to be in three legs, UK-Dubai-Singapore-Aus. Three legs at about 7-8hrs each, much better for children I thought, as my 6 yr old daughter didn't get frustrated as much.
But i think they use the A380 now so it will probably be comparable to Singapore.........

Emirates use the A340 direct form Dubai to Brisbane and B777 transiting Singapore on the Brisbane route daily.

To Sydney they also operate A380 & B777 with direct and transiting Singapore daily.

To Perth there are also two flights daily direct on A340 & B777's.

This enables to to choose whether you wish to have a break in your journey or not.

Singapore Airlines use mainly Singaporian nationals who have a pride in their national carrier. Emirates employ 126 nationalities who are in the main there to see the world for a few years and therefore you do not have the same interest or pride in the service they provide. The service has deteriated considerably in the last couple of years due to the huge expansion program.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

arch is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the baggage allowance of 40 or 50 kilos is allowed only once or always to Oz....cos i will be going with my OH to validate my visa in Feb for only a week...will i be allowed excess baggage during my second visit when i move to Oz for good?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

No you must have an unvalidated visa and be going one way to get the allowance. Once you have validated you only get the normal amount.