Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines...anyone booked online recently?

Singapore Airlines...anyone booked online recently?

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:49 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Airlines...anyone booked online recently?

and remember if you have to complete payment before you can choose your seats? I've talked the husband into flying with them when we move next year and we're hoping to book it soon (otherwise I'll torment myself constantly checking the prices)...but I'd like to think we'll almost definitely be able to book the nice seats upstairs. Any chance you can see what's available before we fork over £1700?!

ta!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:30 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines...anyone booked online recently?

I booked two seats to AMS a couple of months ago. IIRC the site allocated seats and when the payment was made allowed access to change them - which we did, having worked out where babies might be sitting
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

No, payment is made before you can change your seats online.

However, since only people who book directly with SQ can actually do that before checkin and it's unlikely that the plane is anywhere near full so far out, you will probably have a good range of seating to choose from.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

The upstairs seats go really quickly. The advantage of being upstairs is that the window seats are only 2 abreast and you get a handy bin to the side to store your bits in.

Downstairs is 3 by the window so if travelling as a couple you get the funny person on the end

I think I chose our seats before paying last time, I don't remember having to go back and do it.

Anyway, even if you don't choose with payment if you check-in online then you can change them then although there usually isn't much choice by then...because everyone has booked online and chosed when booking!!!!

Actually check the aircraft on the time of day you want to fly, we did Singapore to London on a 777 so at some stage it has to fly back again!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

mel.b will become famous soon enoughmel.b will become famous soon enough

When booking online with SQ you have to pay before choosing your seats.

Depending on the load, i actually prefer being downstairs as everyone wants to sit upstairs which means that there is never a spare seat to spread out on. Last time i flew i got all three seats in a row downstairs to myself and was able to have a good sleep and i'm hoping for the same next month.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:13 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone! Stilll undecided what to do, I REALLY want to fly on th A380 so am probably a bit obsessed even though the flight times aren't great. Might do a bit more research but at the same time, I reckon booking so far in advance we're likely to get the seats we want upstairs.

Fingers crossed!

Tx
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

I booked flights yesterday with Singapore.

Still trying to work out how to get back in to select seats.... any ideas?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pozz View Post

Many thanks.
I think it's generally done in the same transaction as the booking?

Were you not offered the option at the time?

If you can pull up your booking details here and there is no option to select seats then I'd suggest you give them a call and ask.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

mel.b will become famous soon enoughmel.b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pozz View Post

Many thanks.
As long as you booked them online you do the following;

Click 'my bookings'
Then enter either your booking reference (6 number/letter combination), first name and last name or your 'e-ticket' number and first/last name

It will then tell you it is sending you a one time only user pin and do you want it sent to your email or via sms. Check which ever one you want.

Once you have entered the pin, it will take you into the area you can select seats, meals etc. I think select seats is the 2nd option on the left hand menu. you then choose which flights you want to select seats and go from there. For some reason i normally have to do this twice, so if it reloads with the same page, just select the flights again and it should work. it will then take you through the flights you have selected one - by -one.

HTH
Mel.b
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

Brilliant, thank you. I shall crack on with that today.... just hope the good seats havent gone yet.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:09 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Yes you have to pay before choosing seats. We printed a seating map from one of the seat guru - type websites, then rang air singapore immediately before booking online. the ywere very helpful and told me exactly which seats were available. We then booked straight away and picked the seats after payment.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Managed to get my family booked today.... im going a bit sooner.

The website is frustratingly slow though so be prepared for lots of refreshing and re-entering!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably worthwhile mentioning for the sake of the thread that you can only book economy seats in advance of the online check in if you book online with SQ.

If you book by phone then you cannot choose your seat until check in.