Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines A380

Singapore airlines A380

Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

dyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nice
Default Singapore airlines A380

hi to all.

i have had a thread about this before so i thought i would do an updated one for all those traveling soon who wish to find out what to expect on the A380.

im traveling to perth on the 1st of december with singapore airlines and have not yet traveled on the new A380. i have heard reports that it is good more comfy etc etc. i have also paid an extra £30 to book my seats on the A380, im sitting upstairs in econemy. can anyone tell me what this plane is like and maybe if you have sat upstairs let me know what that is like.

is there anyone else traveling to australia on this date as well. my flight is at 22.05 on the 1st of december and i get to perth at 6.15 in the morning. many thanks and i look forward to reading your replys.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore airlines A380

I'm not sure I understand your point - do you mean you want updated info?

I've travelled quite a few times on the A380, but my comments are pretty much the same as on all the other threads you can find about it. I was sceptical at first, and I still think the Economy seats are uncomfortable, but I've got to like the TV screens. Apart from that, it's just a big plane, really.

Oh and yes, I have sat upstairs. I can't remember if it's upstairs that has the lockers built in under the windows? I think it is - they're handy.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes there are the window lockers on the upstairs bit - as you say very handy!

The A380 is well designed internally giving a real feel of space and you don't feel like you are on a double decker (until you look at the staircase!).

I was very sceptical of the aircraft at first especially as I've watched it hatch from an artists impression right through to it's first appearance at the Paris Airshow when we all looked to the sky and went WOW that's big!

I was a bit nervous on it at first - partly because of the technology behind it but have to say it was a very smooth flight and so quiet! The wings are awesome if you get a window seat over them - all you can see is wing.

We've sat upstairs and downstairs and actually I would say downstairs is slightly better although you don't get the 2 seats and have to have the odd funny person on the end.

Not sure why you paid extra to go upstairs or to choose your seats or have you got the extra leg room ones?

Good tv screens and IFE, I found the seats comfy so no probs there.

I was impressed with boarding, even at LHR as I was expecting it to take hours but on and off was all fairly quick - well except in LHR where you always have to wait for hours to get off. Luggage at Singapore was there waiting for us as usual.

All in all - good!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:01 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dyson99
hi to all.

i have had a thread about this before so i thought i would do an updated one for all those traveling soon who wish to find out what to expect on the A380.

im traveling to perth on the 1st of december with singapore airlines and have not yet traveled on the new A380. i have heard reports that it is good more comfy etc etc. i have also paid an extra £30 to book my seats on the A380, im sitting upstairs in econemy. can anyone tell me what this plane is like and maybe if you have sat upstairs let me know what that is like.

is there anyone else traveling to australia on this date as well. my flight is at 22.05 on the 1st of december and i get to perth at 6.15 in the morning. many thanks and i look forward to reading your replys.
Its quieter, bigger and for your 30 pounds you will have exit row seating which gives a lot of leg room. Economy is still economy though - although without a doubt this is perhaps the best in the sky.

Here's a picture of the row 80/81 upstairs - the extra leg room seating. Bear in mind there are no windows in that row. http://www.tungsten.per.sg/images/pl...w80-seats1.jpg
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dyson99
hi to all.

Nah but going the other way on the 29th.

As we booked through travel agent we cant select seats till 24 hours before, nightmare.

Reviews on www.airlinequality.com seem pretty good, however in the past I have found singapore airlines is very popular with families, the disadvantage of that is its often like sitting in a kindy for 20 hours
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

www.seatguru.com
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
Its quieter, bigger and for your 30 pounds you will have exit row seating which gives a lot of leg room. Economy is still economy though - although without a doubt this is perhaps the best in the sky.

Here's a picture of the row 80/81 upstairs - the extra leg room seating. Bear in mind there are no windows in that row. http://www.tungsten.per.sg/images/pl...w80-seats1.jpg
Thanks for that, I've got the seat I think this was taken from on my Sydney-Singapore sector in Feb. My 'normal' Singapore airlines seat was booked so I figured I'd splash out on extra leg room.....
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the problem with those seats is that people try and use it as a route to cut across the plane.

Make sure you fill the space with bags etc after take off or stretch your legs out and trip 'em up.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Won’t you only have the A380 half of the way? It doesn’t fly to Perth.

Think Singapore use the Boeing 777 Perth.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:55 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Won’t you only have the A380 half of the way? It doesn’t fly to Perth.

Think Singapore use the Boeing 777 Perth.
They are using the A330-300 now. Same economy seating as the A380. Smaller plane obviously but new economy seating and Krisworld system. It has the new business and first class cabins also.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
It has the new business and first class cabins also.
It doesn't have First....or even 'a class beyond First'.