Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future
Default Singapore Airlines

Anyone flown with them recently, need to book flights for early Jan, and the cheapest fares are with Singapore airlines.

We flew with Qantas last year and didn't think it bad as some posted, is it worth increasing the cost to fly with Qantas again, or try Singapore?.

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Singapore Airlines

A friend of mine recently flew with Singapore to Perth, and thought they were excellent. I'm flying with them xmas day.

I flew Qantas last time, and thought they were brilliant, but apparently Singapore are meant to be even better?! So I can't wait to find out.

I wouldn't pay more to fly with Qantas.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xzibit
A friend of mine recently flew with Singapore to Perth, and thought they were excellent. I'm flying with them xmas day.

I flew Qantas last time, and thought they were brilliant, but apparently Singapore are meant to be even better?! So I can't wait to find out.

I wouldn't pay more to fly with Qantas.
Cheers for that, I think I will give Singapore airlines a try this time round.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi Hak

Great that you are ready to book your flights in January. My daughter left this evening to return to london for 10 weeks as she has finished school. She is flying Singapore. They are a great airline. PS Hows Chingford???
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Haktahsin
Anyone flown with them recently, need to book flights for early Jan, and the cheapest fares are with Singapore airlines.

We flew with Qantas last year and didn't think it bad as some posted, is it worth increasing the cost to fly with Qantas again, or try Singapore?.

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers.
I Recently made the final move to Perth via Singapore Airlines ( A week ago) the service was second to none, the staff were excellent and the food was fantastic. I flew with Qantas / BA las November ( 2007) and did exactly the same journey and quite honestly i would rather eat my own foot than travel with them again.

Regards
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers.
I flew with them this year and they were very professional. Very polite and efficient staff who were good at anticipating who needed what and who needed leaving alone (me). Also handled extremely obnoxious English woman seated behind me with remarkable restraint. I would have thrown her out the aircraft.

Oh yeah in edit: food was great. much better than any other airline I have used. Go for the "Singapore" option breakfast of noodles and chili peppers, etc.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers.
Singapore offer the most consistently excellent service in the sky. Qantas are fine on their good days, but on their off days they're no competition for the big asian airlines.

I would never go out of my way to pay more for Qantas over Singapore Airlines - they have plenty of off days!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:08 pm
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers.
Hi i used to work for them,and they used to be excellent,really looked after the passengers,lisa.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi Hak

Great that you are ready to book your flights in January. My daughter left this evening to return to london for 10 weeks as she has finished school. She is flying Singapore. They are a great airline. PS Hows Chingford???

Hi Janet,

Sorry I didn't respond to your PM, completely forgot and then got swamped...

Chingford is still the same, but then again I only left 3 weeks ago, after the sale of our house, but I am sure if you were to come back, you would notice a big difference,, Woolies is still there mind you!!!

Take care.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to all who responded, much appreciated.

H
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all who responded, much appreciated.

H
Join the Singapore Airline KrisFlyer programme as well so you get your airmiles.

We've used them on several occasions and they have been great every time, especially if you are travelling with kids.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Used Singapore Airlines many times to fly back from Perth to Manchester and are flying back with them again in January for our move back to the UK.

Used Qantas/ British Airways once only and they were terrible and more expensive. We had an old plane, aisles not as wide, food terrible and the air conditioning was not working properly. Delayed too. Wouldn't trust Qantas now anyway with all their recent problems.

We have always found Singapore Airlines to be on time, very roomy planes and the service and food excellent. Staff are great and check that you are okay/ need food many times throughout the flight.

Would highly recommend them.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:51 pm
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of

Having been a frequent traveller and used many lomg haul airlines I would highly recommend Singapore airlines over Qantas any day. I have always had excellent service on board with Singapore.

By example Qantas in their new A380 have an economy seat pitch of just 31" and a seat 18.1" wide, absolutely scandalous if you ask me. Singapore by contrast is 32" and 19" respectively, so you pay less for more space on Singapore.

Enjoy!

Clark
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Hi

We got our visa granted today and OH had already decided he was going Singapore Airlines A380 Heathrow to Melbourne with a stop off in Singapore on the way in March (plan to settle in time for the Grand Prix - talk about getting your priorities right!).

It's really great to hear all the great reviews, as 2 of the larger people populating this earth, width of seat and elbow room can be a major issue for us and the prices are not all that much more then the others from what he tells me.

Charlene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:51 pm
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of

Its all about bums on seats as they say

For those who are interested and for completeness the A380 operated by Emirates has a seat pitch of 32" and a seat width of just 18".

Clark

PS Congratulations on the Visa grant by the way very jealous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.