Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore airlines

singapore airlines

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all
Default singapore airlines

Hi everyone
Does anyone know if you can pre-book exit seats when booking and how much does it cost.I have a back problem and could do with the extra leg room
thanks
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:42 pm

staceylhughes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: singapore airlines

When we booked our seats we did have the option to reserve seats but there were no extra leg room seats available - and we have no idea if there ever were.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:43 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brad
Hi everyone
Does anyone know if you can pre-book exit seats when booking and how much does it cost.I have a back problem and could do with the extra leg room
thanks
Difficult in some ways because if your bad back is significant, it could be classed as an infirmity and then you won't get one of the emergency exit seats in case there is an emergency and your infirmity prevents quick exit.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:45 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
thanks
http://www.seatguru.com/ this might help give you some more information
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Difficult in some ways because if your bad back is significant, it could be classed as an infirmity and then you won't get one of the emergency exit seats in case there is an emergency and your infirmity prevents quick exit.
Good point!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:02 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
thanks
There are a number of seats on the planes offering more legroom, not just at the exits. If you try ringing Singapore (or email) maybe they can help you.

If you dont try, you'll never know.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:52 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

You can't prebook exit row seats or even request them before check in. Otherwise everyone and the dog would do it.

If you do have a back problem as previously posted you shouldnt consider taking an exit row seat if its that bad.

Alternatively Singapore Airlines business class product is awesome.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone
thanks
We used Cathay Pacific and manaGed to book bulkhead seats (behind galley/and or loos), this gives you an extra two inches legroom roughly.
BB
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:14 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

On the 2nd leg of our journey here with singapore air)the aisle seat next to me was empty.Result ! I thought I will be able to get my head down.About 15 minutes after take off one of the lovely trolly dollies asked me If I minded if another passenger took the aisle seat because he had a problem with his knee.This was the understatement of the century. the poor fella had a false leg.No fancy real looking one just the metal stick type with hinges by the knee.He was an old country type fella from up Cairnes way (skin like brown leather) Had a great chat with him for the rest of the flight...
I think singapore will try their best to accomodate you either over the phone pre booking or even mid journey like they did for this old boy
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Re: singapore airlines

We e mailed Singapore Airlines for exit seats, saying we were able boddied, and we got them all the way from Man to Bne. Great you might think.. Wrong! Once the rest of the passengers realised we had space in front of us, they used it as an exercise yard, squat thrusts, press ups you name it. We found it was the Germans that abused the space the most, even if you were trying to get 40 winks, in they came to do their exercises, knocking us, kicking us etc..........Still, we were not as cramped as some, so can't moan.
All the best
Dave and Kath

PS Looking forward to booking a one way flight March/April back to Oz!!!!!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all

Hi
Booked today for the 13th june no joy with exit seats managed to get seat 63 plenty of elbow room dont now about leg room
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
We e mailed Singapore Airlines for exit seats, saying we were able boddied, and we got them all the way from Man to Bne. Great you might think.. Wrong! Once the rest of the passengers realised we had space in front of us, they used it as an exercise yard, squat thrusts, press ups you name it. We found it was the Germans that abused the space the most, even if you were trying to get 40 winks, in they came to do their exercises, knocking us, kicking us etc..........Still, we were not as cramped as some, so can't moan.
All the best
Dave and Kath

PS Looking forward to booking a one way flight March/April back to Oz!!!!!!
Price you pay for the extra legroom I'm afraid - be thankful they no longer allow people to sleep in that space
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:23 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Price you pay for the extra legroom I'm afraid - be thankful they no longer allow people to sleep in that space
I'm a bit worried. We booked for two adults and one infant with Singapore for the 24th Feb 2007. Looked at credit card statement today and it hasn't come off (it was booked two weeks ago)! we have e-ticket confirmations (direct booking with SIA) for the full booking. No-one in the callcentre today or tomorrow, I am worried that somehow our booking has been mucked up!

(OH thinks we should neglect to tell them that somehow we haven't paid. I reminded him that they may then neglect to give us our seats on the flight)!

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I being thick? (strong possibility)!
Do we pay when we get to the airport with the corresponding credit card?

Why can you never speak to anyone in a hurry?..argh.!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:31 pm
whimsies

whimsies is an unknown quantity at this point

They usally take ages to take the money from your credit card account. may be worth ringing your credit card to put your mind at rest as singapore airlines will request the money but may not take it for 2-3 weeks which happened to me
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:32 pm
whimsies

whimsies is an unknown quantity at this point

need to take booking credit card to airport when checking in as proof