Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore airlines

singapore airlines

Old May 2nd 2006, 5:13 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Question singapore airlines

hello

can anyone tell me what the kids get on board Singapore airlines and is it good or do we need to take a lot more entertaining stuff with us? Also does anyone know if everything is free (ie snacks,beer,etc ) or do you have to pay for things?

thanks
lisa
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: singapore airlines

My kids got a toy each flight sector, varying from a snoopy toy, a flimsy backpack and a insulated drinks holder. They didn't get any colouring or things like I expected. I had taken a few toys and books, but to be honest they didn't get much use, eldest (4) was interested in the kids TV. If you have a young one, you get a bag with a bib, wipes and a couple nappies.

Food and drinks included.

hope this helps
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:31 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frogboy
hello

can anyone tell me what the kids get on board Singapore airlines and is it good or do we need to take a lot more entertaining stuff with us? Also does anyone know if everything is free (ie snacks,beer,etc ) or do you have to pay for things?

thanks
lisa
if you do a search for singapore airlines, you will find oodles of info, but in a nutshell, for the kids food & drinks no problem. ask and they will get. films & music & games on request with screens in the headrests.

they should have no problems. I haven't travelled with my own kids, but from my experience, any kids older than about 5/6 years are no problem.

if you have boys take game boys, psp etc with you. girls take a couple of books. I would also recommend a couple of presents per child for during the journey just in case.

hope this helps
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew

if you have boys take game boys, psp etc with you. girls take a couple of books. I would also recommend a couple of presents per child for during the journey just in case.

hope this helps
And we wonder why boys dont read as much as girls??????

How about you take a couple of whatever they each like to do?

Like the idea of pressies along the way.
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:44 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
And we wonder why boys dont read as much as girls??????

How about you take a couple of whatever they each like to do?

Like the idea of pressies along the way.
ok, maybe i,m a bit blinkered (gadget freak myself) , but my boys only want game boys, psp's, xboxes, playstations, pc's, if its rechargeable or has batteries, i'm safe

I did recently buy an ipod for myself, and that was a big hit with the kids (for use while reading books ) girls are generally easier IMO until they are about 13/14

don't get me wrong, when we get to OZ (just like here in Holland) if the sun's shining, they are outside playing !

a 24 hour flight can be veerrrry long with wingeing kids
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:06 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

We have just been with Sinagpore Airlines, and I thought they were fab! We also planned well ahead and took Gameboys, Ipods, Books, Colouring, Puzzles and choc/crisps, but to be honest, my two (girl 8, boy 5) watched one film and then fell asleep for about 7 hours, and then watched another film, had breakfast and then we were in Singapore! We were staying in Singapore, so don't know how they would have coped on the next leg, but on the way back home we did it in one hit, and again they just watched 3 films ( ) from Perth to Singapore, then fell straight to sleep on the Singapore - London flight until about 2 hours before we landed. Singapore Airlines films are really good cos you can just start them whenever you want (hubby didn't tell me til the return trip ), but kids had worked it out!
The trip really was not anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and there were lots of kids on our flights - and not one of them were a problem.
Good Luck!
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

we flew on sq and I found them great ..son was 4 at the time .. the movies were on demand and they had game boy (the original one) .. drinks like water and orange were on going then the other drinks were with meals and one or two other times . they even brought rolls ,kitkats, crips etc round in between meals ... I work in travel and have been on a number of different airlines over the years , I have found sq to be the best .. we have flights held for 26 Jun to Perth with them ..
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Im just going to take stacks of books for my daughter as she loves to read and talk to whoever will listen and some lego for my little boy.also a big roll of sellotape and sheets of paper as he is never happier when he is making models.just a pity i cant bring a pair scissors for him.
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Im just going to take stacks of books for my daughter as she loves to read and talk to whoever will listen and some lego for my little boy.also a big roll of sellotape and sheets of paper as he is never happier when he is making models.just a pity i cant bring a pair scissors for him.
Won't they let you take them kids plastic safety scissors, just a thought
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Won't they let you take them kids plastic safety scissors, just a thought
Hi Wendy,i suppose i could enquire.The first time we took him on a flight he put up his hand ,called the steward and asked if he could borrow a scissors or a knife as he wanted to make model car.!!!!! so innocent ,kids eh. irishbloo
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Hi Wendy,i suppose i could enquire.The first time we took him on a flight he put up his hand ,called the steward and asked if he could borrow a scissors or a knife as he wanted to make model car.!!!!! so innocent ,kids eh. irishbloo
Aw bless. My little girls like that. She's always drawing or making something ( usually a mess LOL )
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:15 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

thanks everyone for the information cant wait to go just a bit worried re flight and the kids getting bored but it sounds like they will be entertained anyway .i have bought various stuff for them to take on the plane so hopefully should have a peace full flight by the way do husbands not get a pack to stop them whinging!!

lisax
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks everyone for the information cant wait to go just a bit worried re flight and the kids getting bored but it sounds like they will be entertained anyway .i have bought various stuff for them to take on the plane so hopefully should have a peace full flight by the way do husbands not get a pack to stop them whinging!!

lisax

Yes, it's called a four pack
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:23 pm
Here At Last!!

sorry to bore you again when you say drinks and food is included is that alcohol aswel?

lisa
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:26 pm
Going for a ride

sorry to bore you again when you say drinks and food is included is that alcohol aswel?

lisa
not unlimited, but enough to keep you going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.