Totally OT

Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:29 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Totally OT

Sent to me by a friend this morning

------------------------------

Hi there

A friend of my neighbour who is a Police Officer has just advised him that recent Government legislative changes to the Freedom of Information Act
now allows access to speed camera offences registered within the last twelve months and these are placed on a freely accessible website.

Apparently, every time you pass a camera, and your car is travelling even a mile or so over the speed limit, it is registered and placed on the database. You are only sent a ticket if you are 10% or more over the limit, OR (and here's the rub...) if you receive "20 near misses in a 1 year period". You can now check how many you have against your cars registered number at this website -

<http://www.e-database.co.uk>

You will need a password but, as a first time user just click on the "need a password" link and you'll be given one in a pop-up window. In the top right hand corner there is a "click-on" window which will even show the pictures taken by the cameras.

Just the tool for keeping tabs on our licences.

I had a few problems loading up the site (typical) but if you persevere it's
very good.