Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines

Singapore airlines

Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore airlines

Hi Guy's

JUst about to book flights with Singapore airlines and have read many threads about 40Kgs baggage allowance. I understand that Singapores airlines give the extra allowance. My question is if you do not book directly with singapore airlines can you still get the extra baggage allowance ? and if so what exactly do you do to get it ?

Thanks

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Singapore airlines

Originally Posted by RichnKim
Hi Guy's

JUst about to book flights with Singapore airlines and have read many threads about 40Kgs baggage allowance. I understand that Singapores airlines give the extra allowance. My question is if you do not book directly with singapore airlines can you still get the extra baggage allowance ? and if so what exactly do you do to get it ?

Thanks

Richard

We booked with travel agents who said they would contact Singapore Airlines and get the extra luggage allowance approved. But I phoned Singapore Airlines direct anyway and got verbal agreement over the phone, they refused to send it out in writing, but I did get the persons name. When the travel agents issued our tickets it had the 40kg luggage allowance printed on them. Easy as that, we (family of five) arrived at Heathrow with 11 large suitcases and had no problems checking them all in.

Mel
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Singapore airlines

Originally Posted by melibeam
We booked with travel agents who said they would contact Singapore Airlines and get the extra luggage allowance approved. But I phoned Singapore Airlines direct anyway and got verbal agreement over the phone, they refused to send it out in writing, but I did get the persons name. When the travel agents issued our tickets it had the 40kg luggage allowance printed on them. Easy as that, we (family of five) arrived at Heathrow with 11 large suitcases and had no problems checking them all in.

Mel
Hi Mel

Can I ask who you booked with. They sound really helpful

Rgds

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Singapore airlines

Hi Richard

we flew with Singapore in November last year, but had booked our flights with ebookers online. We had no probs with the extra baggage allowance of 40kg each. in fact we had a very nice check in girl who let us off with the 95kg that we had - which did'nt include the 30kgs that me and the Mrs had on our backs

Regards Johnnet

ps the flights over were very good, the airline staff were extremely helpful!!!

Hi Guy's

Thanks

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:56 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnet
Hi Richard

we flew with Singapore in November last year, but had booked our flights with ebookers online. We had no probs with the extra baggage allowance of 40kg each. in fact we had a very nice check in girl who let us off with the 95kg that we had - which did'nt include the 30kgs that me and the Mrs had on our backs

Regards Johnnet

ps the flights over were very good, the airline staff were extremely helpful!!!
Richard

Just phoned singapore airlines and as long as you have your 'visa' stamped in your passport you get the 40kg allowance. Otherwise, it's 25kg.

D D
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I know this might sound daft but if you validate instead of going for good can you still get higher baggage allowance?
We will have to validate in March and could take some extra bits with us for the girls.
Irene
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi
I know this might sound daft but if you validate instead of going for good can you still get higher baggage allowance?
We will have to validate in March and could take some extra bits with us for the girls.
Irene
Hi Irene

I think the first time you use the visas is the only time you can get the extra baggage allowance. But as I have not yey made the trip maybe someone who has actually done it might be able to answer that

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel

Can I ask who you booked with. They sound really helpful

Rgds

Richard
hi

we booked with Austravel in London.

Mel
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melibeam
hi

we booked with Austravel in London.

Mel
thanks everyone

Rgds

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:53 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Hi Guy's

Thanks

Richard
Hi,
Although your baggage allowance will be 40 Kg, the max in anyone bag can be no more than 32Kg. This is due to H&S for the baggage handlers.

Singapores web site gives details

Stu
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

my melbourne will become famous soon enough

thanks everyone

Rgds

Richard
Hello out there!Some friends of ours emigrated last Saturday and flew with Singapore.However,when they checked in at 6.15am they were told they couldnt take extra luggage even though they had their visas!So their Mum had to bring a load of stuff back which luckily can go in our container as we will join them in Melbourne in April.I am not taking any chances and when we book the flights I am going to double check that this doesnt happen again.Hope this is just a one off!!!!Linda
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by my melbourne
Hello out there!Some friends of ours emigrated last Saturday and flew with Singapore.However,when they checked in at 6.15am they were told they couldnt take extra luggage even though they had their visas!So their Mum had to bring a load of stuff back which luckily can go in our container as we will join them in Melbourne in April.I am not taking any chances and when we book the flights I am going to double check that this doesnt happen again.Hope this is just a one off!!!!Linda
Wow I will certainly check. Can I ask what flight they were on. As I thought the first flight left at 11.00 am But thinking about it that is just Heathrow was it Manchester by any chance. (Do you like the way I'm answering my own question) Must be Emigration madness setting in

Rgds

Richard
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:06 pm
Our new home

seanjenkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be of the subject a bit but why does everyone book with traval agents we booked with singapore and we got them just as cheap as with anyone else and as you have gone though a traval agent can you still use the internet check in which can be done 48 hours before you fly so all you have to do is go to internet check in line and book your bags in and not have to wait in the normal check in line wich when ever we have been is alot longer and you dont have to be there so early not that any of us get there 6 hours before we need to check in lol

Last edited by seanjenkinson; Jan 31st 2005 at 4:10 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

my melbourne will become famous soon enough

Wow I will certainly check. Can I ask what flight they were on. As I thought the first flight left at 11.00 am But thinking about it that is just Heathrow was it Manchester by any chance. (Do you like the way I'm answering my own question) Must be Emigration madness setting in

Rgds

Richard
Hello Richard,it was Manchester.They flew at 10.00am on a Saturday morning,I think that is the only Singapore Airlines flight out of Manchester on a daily basis.We will be on the same flight when we go.Hope this helps!Linda
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:42 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi
Irene

Hi there,

When I checked with Singapore Airlines a few months ago, they stated extra baggage allowance would only be given to persons emigrating with a one-way flight only and the visa had to be confirmed as a permanent visa, not a temporary visa.

Hope this helps.

Shell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.