Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:17 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Singapore Airlines

For anyones whos interested and hasn't seen already, I've just been looking at Singapores flights for between now and June to Australia. There seems to be some good deals have pasted the link below.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...currentSite=uk
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:58 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Singapore Airlines

I always travel with Singapore airlines, I think they're the best.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:26 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

I second that .As long as you can get in on the morning flight and then get onto the morning connection to Melbourne, otherwise...a 10 hr wait in the airport.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Kingpin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
I second that .As long as you can get in on the morning flight and then get onto the morning connection to Melbourne, otherwise...a 10 hr wait in the airport.
firs time on long flight going with singapore to perth glad you all say they are good lol
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BKate
For anyones whos interested and hasn't seen already, I've just been looking at Singapores flights for between now and June to Australia. There seems to be some good deals have pasted the link below.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...currentSite=uk
The singapore direct website is expensive-try the agents they are cheaper
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:07 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
I always travel with Singapore airlines, I think they're the best.
Emirates are better
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

I've flown with both emirates and Singapore in the last year and dont think there was much between them. They were both very good with pleasant and helpful staff - the bonus with emirates is that they fly from Gatwick if that is your preferred airport to heathrow
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:45 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
I've flown with both emirates and Singapore in the last year and dont think there was much between them. They were both very good with pleasant and helpful staff - the bonus with emirates is that they fly from Gatwick if that is your preferred airport to heathrow
Checking in for Singapore Airways at Heathrow is a NIGHTMARE!!! we had to queue for 90 minutes before even reaching the check in desk, and we were there over 3 hours before the flight was due to go. The queue at Singapore airport for check in? - 45 seconds.

I found the 747's on the longer leg of the journey cramped and getting a bit threadbare, the cabin crew weren't as good. The 777's to and from Perth were great, and the crew better, it's like 2 different airlines.

Also, for Perth, the Emirates journey is slightly shorter and I think Emirates are a bit cheaper too.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:07 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Emirates are better
no, like the others have siad, Singapore Airlines is better...

and for cheap tickets to oz, how about return for under £400?

http://www.leestravel.com/

good agents... used them when we flew to the far east (when we were living in the UK), though beware if you want to use your credit cards as they will charge you, better if you can see them in person... though i guess that makes it only applicable for those living in or near to london... then again, for £400 with a small charge, still probably cheaper...
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, in my personal opinion, Singapore Airlines is good. But, Qantas ain't bad either. For me, I prefer Qantas although the price for both are comparable.

Rgds,
Van