Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

Originally Posted by koalakim
I am swearing very loudly at the moment! Our fare was to be $1900 and because we haven't worked out dates out it's now $2600.....

Thats over 4000 quid....lets hope they have another fare deal soon for May!
4,000 quid? - don't you mean about 1,500!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
4,000 quid? - don't you mean about 1,500!!
Doing the exchange the wrong way I've done that once or twice, had an moment and then realised.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Doh......see I was so shocked at the $700 price rise I got it the wrong way round! Thanks.....it's bad but not quite so bad

Still to much considering what they get to pay from the UK!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Have literally just checked again and the prices have all dropped.

All the big 4 (Cathay, Singapore, Emirates & Malaysia) are under $1900 for Perth to London in Feb.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by James516
We bought Singapore Air return 1x adult 1x child BNE-LHR for $3500 back in early December. We used a local travel agent, support local business etc etc even though their price was identical to that on the Singapore Airlines website.

It turned out to be a good idea - we hadn't actually got around to paying and getting the tickets, and got a phone call on a Friday afternoon from them to say that they had heard on the grapevine the prices were going up the next day. I thought it might be a bit of a sales tactic but figured we may as well just book them, so gave my credit card etc and got it all done. The next day the prices had gone up to $4250.

I normally don't bother using a travel agent and just book direct, but wow, they saved me a bunch this time!
I would always use a travel agent, price wise it will be the same if not better than the websites especially as flight centre etc will always price beat, and you'll have someone at the end of a phone line to contact in case of a problem. They're worth their weight in gold sometimes
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore have a sale on for Feb and then Oct/Nov? .....I need now to wait for the next promotion for May/June! I think they were advertising fares fromm $2k.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sassie
Flight prices tend to fluctuate from day to day. Even the day of the week can have an enormous effect. If you are flexible with your dates, try a few variations, you might be pleasantly surprised. When we flew with Emirates last year, there was about a $500 difference in price over a 10 day span.
things have changed since last year. Singapore pretty much sticks to their sale date offers. Last year was the year of the bargains I flew for $1410 to London in March/April. This is not going to happen again this year unless another financial crisis or so rocks the boat. And they are not stupid. In their sales pitch until Jan 5th, they offered a refund in the case that prices are going down for people who have paid a higher ticket price already. They know, they won't sell this year as cheap as last. However, an extra $400 for an ordinary ticket is a bit too much.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koalakim
I've just done that on the SIA website and it's the same price for May/June.
what do you mean by the same?

I give you a date. Dep Perth May 27, return June 11, let say to London. How much is it with Sing? Before it was $1900+, Frankfurt was $1800+