Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air - won't send email confirming double baggage

Singapore Air - won't send email confirming double baggage

Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all
Default Singapore Air - won't send email confirming double baggage

I've contacted Singapore Air whom have confirmed that we are eligible for double baggage allowance as we will be travelling on an unvalidated PR visa.

I asked if they would confirm this in an email, and they won't do this.

Has anybody had any problems upon check in? Did they accept your double baggage with no problems?

Would be grateful for your response!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Air - won't send email confirming double baggage

Originally Posted by mancfamily
I've contacted Singapore Air whom have confirmed that we are eligible for double baggage allowance as we will be travelling on an unvalidated PR visa.

Has anybody had any problems upon check in? Did they accept your double baggage with no problems?

Did you ring them or did travel agent? I'd ring them again, get someone else, keep trying. If the visa is unvalidated there is no reason for them not to. Go as high up at Sing Air as possible. You could rock up to check in on the day with the double allowance but if they got arsey you'd be lumbered. Usual nonsense with large companies - every person tells a different story. Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

Hi,

when I rang singapore airllines, when we were traveling, I asked like you, if they could e-mail confirmation that we would be eligible, was given the same answer, "sorry we do not do confirmations" but reasured me that everything would be ok, but still would have liked some sort of proof that I was told this, so I took her name and sent an e-mail myself, via their contact, on their website, basically reconfirming to them about the telephone conversation, giving date and time and re-iterating what the lady said, giving her name, about how they would honour our double baggage, if we were unvalidated, I also gave all our names time and date of flight and flight no's in the e-mail,
Shortly afterwards got a reply back confirming everything had been documented on their screens.
Every thing was on this e-mail, my full details from what I had sent, telephone conversation details, then printed this off and took it to manchester airport, no problems on the day.

Hope this is of some help.
Carole.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

have you tried emailing them? I emailed with this question and got what seemed to be a pretty standard email back the next day confirming double baggage.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:57 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know if this will help you but we emailed them immediately after booking our flight online and their response was:

Dear Mr ********,

Thank you for you email.

With regards to your query passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32kgs in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

If you are holding the required documents you should be eligible for the double baggage allowance.

Hope this helps resolve your query. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Regards
SIA UK
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:23 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
I don't know if this will help you but we emailed them immediately after booking our flight online and their response was:

Dear Mr ********,

Thank you for you email.

With regards to your query passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32kgs in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

If you are holding the required documents you should be eligible for the double baggage allowance.

Hope this helps resolve your query. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Regards
SIA UK
Yep I got the same response.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:25 pm
Life is sweet in Brisbane

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice
Smile Re: Singapore Air - won't send email confirming double baggage

We flew with Singapore and got Email confomation that we would get double baggage allowance, even with a stopover......... just as well as we had no problems at Heathrow but after our stopover in Singapore we were told that we had too much luggage. Showing them the email got us on the flight without paying the excess......... so it's worth having a copy of any emails/letters.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Hi,

when I rang singapore airllines, when we were traveling, I asked like you, if they could e-mail confirmation that we would be eligible, was given the same answer, "sorry we do not do confirmations" but reasured me that everything would be ok, but still would have liked some sort of proof that I was told this, so I took her name and sent an e-mail myself, via their contact, on their website, basically reconfirming to them about the telephone conversation, giving date and time and re-iterating what the lady said, giving her name, about how they would honour our double baggage, if we were unvalidated, I also gave all our names time and date of flight and flight no's in the e-mail,
Shortly afterwards got a reply back confirming everything had been documented on their screens.
Every thing was on this e-mail, my full details from what I had sent, telephone conversation details, then printed this off and took it to manchester airport, no problems on the day.

Hope this is of some help.
Carole.

Same here
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I got that email too. We had no problems at Manchester but it proved invaluable (well actually several hundred pounds value) when we checked back in at Changi after a 4 day stopover and they tried insist we could only have 20kg or pay excess baggage on the rest. When we showed the email to the manager he backed down.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I got the same response.

We were also well over our luggage limit on all of our cases and our hand luggage was in the region of 10kgs per bag - not including cameras and handbags.

We checked in early, in fact were the first to check in and it paid off, the guy at the check in desk didnt charge us a penny and we really were well over the limit.

However, I had heard that those who had checked in later were charged for being over the limit.

But we did have the email to show them which we presented with our E-ticket.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

It's different for every situation. I had email conformation from SA but didn't show it to anybody @ Heathrow or Changi after a 3 day stopover.

I was 9 kilo's over my 40k allowance and 3 on hand luggage both at Heathrow and Singapore and nobody batted an eyelid.

One thing i will say is both times i checked in 48 hours previous online and was first in queue both times, was also very polite to each person who booked me in

I'm sure you will be fine