Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air loyalty card

Singapore Air loyalty card

Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Air loyalty card

Hi all.
I spotted the thread about Quantas loyalty card and i was wondering if anyone had any idea how many points you need for Singapore Air loyalty card to get anything worthwhile such as a free flight or upgrade. I have joined their scheme and will have two of us flying one way next month with them and then us both doing a return flight back to the UK in July
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Singapore Air loyalty card

Hi I don't know if this is of any help but I have a Singapore Airlines card like you mention. The first year two my (wife and I) did a return flight to Bali (from the UK) the second year 8 of us flew to return to Bali (4 adults 4 children), the third year 6 of us flew to Bali (2 adults and 4 children) then last year I flew to Brisbane on a reccy trip and didn't get any upgrade and was told I still didn't have enough points for any worthwhile flight.

So unless I have been done don't expect too much. On the positive side though they are a fantastic airline
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:08 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

KrisFlyer is amongst the worst for points - Singapore are well known for never ever upgrading people and being tight with points. I fly mix of business/economy with them and Ive done about 7 return flights bus-class over past 2yrs and dont have enough points for a trip to singapore with them...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I did two UK return trip business class, about 6 to Singapore, one to USA and have finally got enough points for a free trip for two to Singapore.

That explains why I had plenty of choice for cashing in the points!

(Oh and we were upgraded once but I was a PPS member)
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:59 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
a free flight or upgrade
Yeah, good luck with that.

The Geek has flown about 3 weeks out of 4 for the last 2 years, all on SIA and paying full price. We've had some great flights on airmiles but that's also been helped by having a Krisflyer Amex card and using it for almost EVERYTHING.

Yesterday he rang SIA to ask if I could have extra luggage allowance when we move (he gets it anyway 'cos he's Krisflyer Gold, but I'm only basic Krisflyer) and he was told to email. He then received a "no way Jose reply".

Tight gits.

Last edited by Kooky.; Apr 12th 2008 at 1:00 pm. Reason: errant smiley