Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air Baggage allowance

Singapore Air Baggage allowance

Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:54 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Singapore Air Baggage allowance

Hi, anyone else going by Singapore Airlines, we were told when we booked that we could get Double baggage allowance, we sent photocopy evidence of Visa's in passports and were told to just turn up at check-in and show the Visa's, that would ensure that we get 40Kg's each. However I read on this forum that this happened to someone, the Airline refuted the info. that came from the Agent not the Airline direct. They had to ditch half of their stuff or pay extortionate amount of money for the extra.
As we can't get through to Singapore Airlines direct, can anyone out there give us advice or a number or address for Singapore Airlines that will be answered.

Slater x 6
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a pain if you live far from the airport, but if you can get up there, then go to the Customer Services desk and they can actually check it on their computer. Thats the most reliable way - did it for mine, and Cathay told me that whatever the ticket may say, they give the allowance noted on the computer.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed them via the Singapore Airlines website and they confirmed that the allowance is 40kg per person provided you have the valid visa.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:27 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Air Baggage allowance

You can e-mail them from there web page mate.

I did about a query and they replied the next day so it seems pretty efficient.

TT

Originally posted by Slater
Hi, anyone else going by Singapore Airlines, we were told when we booked that we could get Double baggage allowance, we sent photocopy evidence of Visa's in passports and were told to just turn up at check-in and show the Visa's, that would ensure that we get 40Kg's each. However I read on this forum that this happened to someone, the Airline refuted the info. that came from the Agent not the Airline direct. They had to ditch half of their stuff or pay extortionate amount of money for the extra.
As we can't get through to Singapore Airlines direct, can anyone out there give us advice or a number or address for Singapore Airlines that will be answered.

Slater x 6
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the maximum weight of any single bag ?

We were hit with that one when we visited Oz. I think it was 28 kg... it was fun moving stuff from one bag to the other at the check in desk, and I managed to shut it!

Ken
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][i]Hi we just arrived yesterday in adelaide using sing air.Phone singapore airlines in central london(dir enquiries)and ask them to put down that you are having the migrant bagg allowance.They did`nt query ours in london but did in singapore after our stopover.I told them that I`d phoned london and they had added this to my booking info ,when they had a closer look it was on the screen, matter closed.This only works on the one way flights not returns.

Last edited by jockney; Sep 25th 2003 at 2:42 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

We are off on a validating trip on 28 December (return ticket on 17/1/04) Will we get usual baggage allowance on that trip & then double when we actually go for good?

Cheers

Pockygoes
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:45 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pockygoes
We are off on a validating trip on 28 December (return ticket on 17/1/04) Will we get usual baggage allowance on that trip & then double when we actually go for good?

Cheers

Pockygoes
I dont think you will.
When we requested the double baggage allowance when we booked our one way flights, we had to confirm that we had not yet travelled on our visas. The impression I got, was you only get one shot at it!
I may be wrong. Im sure someone will correct me if I am!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, they told me it must be an unvalidated visa, and on a one-way ticket. Sorry.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:03 pm
WBB

i am considering using singapore airlines again because they are the best as far as i am concerned with the ankle biters.

anyway here is the contact info i have for them

Tel: +44 20 87502708 (Ticketing)

+44 20 87502718 (Fares)

Email: [email protected]

good luck

Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:07 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i am considering using singapore airlines again because they are the best as far as i am concerned with the ankle biters.

anyway here is the contact info i have for them

Tel: +44 20 87502708 (Ticketing)

+44 20 87502718 (Fares)

Email: [email protected]

good luck
I just booked with singapore and am chuffed to bits!! Cost £1108 for us all including taxes, 2 adults, 6yr old and a 1yr old. Flying out at 11am on a sunday , landing in perth at 2.3pm. Got flight cot and 'post weaning meal' confirmed for babe, and double baggage allowance!! Cool!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:13 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slater

Slater x 6
Hi Slater we booked Sing through travel bag, they told us that the norm for one way ticket/visa validating is 40 kg per person, but because we are having a stop over it would only be 20kg???, but I was reading a thread the other day same kind of senario and they managed to finally get the 40kg, so maybe you and me both need to get that confirmed.

Suz
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:18 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kenand Nel
What is the maximum weight of any single bag ?

We were hit with that one when we visited Oz. I think it was 28 kg... it was fun moving stuff from one bag to the other at the check in desk, and I managed to shut it!

Ken
I think for Health and safety of the people throwing your bags around (ever looked out of the plane window and seen your bags flying around the tarmac) Quantas has a limit of 32kg per item. This might apply to other airlines as well. For your own H&S 32kg is not a bad limit.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...llowance#jump1
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

H&S regs state 25 kg I 'phoned Singapore air today,to enquire about excess prices they are 29 quid per KILO:scared: :scared:
That was until I saw this I shall now ring them tomorrow and enquire about the 40 kilo allowance
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We flew Singapore Air, we were given 40kgs each, but Aussie Baggage Handlers will not lift anything over 32kgs. therefore I had the pleasent experiene of re packing at the desk in Heathrow.

Wish they had told me before hand spent a small fortune on a suitcase at the airport!!!

Good Luck

love Jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.