silly question

Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

john62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default silly question

how old are the kids when they leave school, as i am thinking of the big step with four in tow:lecture: :lecture:
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: silly question

Originally posted by john62
how old are the kids when they leave school, as i am thinking of the big step with four in tow:lecture: :lecture:
Correct. It is a silly question
What do you mean John ?
You need to elaborate

Oh, and welcome to the forum
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:07 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Can leave at 16yrs in NZ but can stay on till about 22 I believe. If its oz you on about I have no idea
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Bix
Correct. It is a silly question
What do you mean John ?
You need to elaborate

Oh, and welcome to the forum
sorry but i mean how old do they have to be to leave school in oz as they are 10 12 14 17
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

sorry but i mean how old do they have to be to leave school in oz as they are 10 12 14 17
I'm sure it depends on which state you settle in. I remember reading an article on one of the news sites that they were thinking of introducing a national standard for school leaving age. I can't remember the details though. Somebody elase may know the current rules. I think in some states they can leave at 15 but most stay on and get their certificates.

sandy
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

The accademic year which starts in January may have something to do with it. I think that the cut off month is Dec, so for example your child would have to be five by end of Dec to start school in Jan.

In the UK children do their GCSE's at the ages 15/16 (two year course), It is my understanding that in Oz they start their two year cert course 16/17. I could be wrong but their are some web sites about education.

Tracey.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

In Victoria you have to be 16 to leave school.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: silly question

Hi John,

Welcome from one new member to another! This site should be helpful: http://www.immi.gov.au/settle/education/index.htm. Where are you off to?

Wendy
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

hi john...

im the person to ask...

im 15 and leaving school this year. im in my last year.... Kids leaving year 11 are 15 or 16....

you do mean school as in secondary school dont you????

monkey girl
x
p.s how old are your kids then....
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:46 pm
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

From experience (went to High School in Melb), very few chose to leave school early - going to Uni is very common - and students are not perceived as the sc*m of the earth in Oz - so it is quite widely accepted as the thing to do.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

ok well thats schools in england..lol.......

monkey girl
x
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by slowmacro
hi john...

im the person to ask...

im 15 and leaving school this year. im in my last year.... Kids leaving year 11 are 15 or 16....

you do mean school as in secondary school dont you????

monkey girl
x
p.s how old are your kids then....
I have 3 boys, 17yrs, 14yrs, and 10yrs old, and 1 girl who is 12yrs old. We have discussed moving to Oz with them and they want to go. Do school leavers get the chance to do a modern apprentiship over there?and is there a need for teachers (tutors), preferably in basic skills as i'm starting my training soon.
Jackie & John