Is this a sign?

Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:01 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Question Is this a sign?

Hi everyone, after much toing and froing we decided to go for Brisbane over Perth, due to the obvious like house prices and isolation, but now in our heart of hearts we really want to go to Perth, me I've kept quiet about this till today.

We had booked flights and accomodation in Brisbane for a reccie and were looking forward to it, then today we got an email from the man who owns the accomodation apologising that he had in fact double booked us (this was for a 3 bedroom house with a pool - gorgeous), he has offered us a 2 bedroom apartment that belongs to a retired couple who live upstairs - he thought I would be "really pleased" with this as it's cheapter, but no I'm bloody livid and now I can't find accomodation similar at all in Brisbane - which led us on to thinking this is a sign and after all we should go to Perth.

I've never really settled on Brisbane just believed it was the better choice between the two, but now I think it is a big mistake.

Has anyone ever changed their destination and have you incured a charge, or has this happened to anyone else or is it just me that can't make up my bloody mind. Perth feels right and I feel I know it well without having been there and don't get that at all from Brisbane.

Please someone anyone can you offer any reassurance or advice, is this a sign. Wendy I know your there

Clairex
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a sign?

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi everyone, after much toing and froing we decided to go for Brisbane over Perth, due to the obvious like house prices and isolation, but now in our heart of hearts we really want to go to Perth, me I've kept quiet about this till today.

We had booked flights and accomodation in Brisbane for a reccie and were looking forward to it, then today we got an email from the man who owns the accomodation apologising that he had in fact double booked us (this was for a 3 bedroom house with a pool - gorgeous), he has offered us a 2 bedroom apartment that belongs to a retired couple who live upstairs - he thought I would be "really pleased" with this as it's cheapter, but no I'm bloody livid and now I can't find accomodation similar at all in Brisbane - which led us on to thinking this is a sign and after all we should go to Perth.

I've never really settled on Brisbane just believed it was the better choice between the two, but now I think it is a big mistake.

Has anyone ever changed their destination and have you incured a charge, or has this happened to anyone else or is it just me that can't make up my bloody mind. Perth feels right and I feel I know it well without having been there and don't get that at all from Brisbane.

Please someone anyone can you offer any reassurance or advice, is this a sign. Wendy I know your there

Clairex
I always go with my gut feel, but then i would,nt live in Perth or Brisbane .......... mm
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:08 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex
Being an accountant I am supposed to be rational but a lot of our emigration decisions were taken by signs and gut feelings. And the outcome was very positive. They say we don't use 80% of our brains, I reckon we do in sub-conscious ways - Think about what you know a lot but go with hunches - at the very least you will enjoy living life close to the wind.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:12 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex,

Sounds like you are confusing a minor set back for self doubts about the move? All perfectly natural and even the most prepared go through it.

Isn't it weird though if you think about it - you are stressing about whether to live in "Perth" or "Brisbane". "Sunset" or "Sunrise"?. Hun their both in Australia you may do your reccie in say Brisbane but still relocate to Perth or even Melbourne

Part of doing the reccie is to switch out of holiday mode and think what works for me and my family and what doesn't. Don't put to much pressure on yourself having to put all your eggs in one place - not until the container has left

Kiwi
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Is this a sign?

Thanks you two, the gut feeling is strong here for Perth, just have to see if we can change the flights.
Clairex
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

You poor thing, when things don't go according to plan at a very stressful time it becomes far bigger than it needs to. Its annoying and means you have to sort something else out - but is it a sign - who knows.

We changed our destination, went to Adelaide on 28th Dec 2004, I really researched it, well I thought I had. I really thought that I 'knew' it, well I thought I did. It went horribly wrong for us, we arrived to OH's uncles who clearly wasn't who we thought he was, long story short, we came to Brissy for a reccie and I never went back. Best decision that we made, should have, would have, could have researched Brissy, only considered Adelaide because of rellies.

Cost us a bloody fortune to relocate and redirect container, but worth it. So glad we're here - the right decision for us and our growing up kids. Hindsight a wonderful thing isn't it?

Good luck

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:13 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Being an accountant.
Did you not come from Rustington? after stint at TSB?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:39 pm
In my own little world!

Oh well, just phoned asda travel and they say we can't change the destination so looks like a reccie to Brisbane after all.
Clairex
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:43 pm
Melbourne Australia

Oh well, just phoned asda travel and they say we can't change the destination so looks like a reccie to Brisbane after all.
Clairex
YIPPPEEEE

Cheer up
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:58 pm
In my own little world!

Smile Re: Is this a sign?

Worrying for nothing, it cant be changed, now we have to fit 4 of us into a pokey wee 2 bedroom flat in Brisbane for a week, get an internal flight to Perth for a week then back to Brissie then home - no bother! At least then we will have seen the sunrise and the sunset eh!
Clairex
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:01 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

No it is not a sign, just a booking mix up which should not have happened. You need to go over and see for yourself. We did that trip 4 years ago, MEL, SYD, BNE & the Gold Coast. Didn't really fall in love totally with any of them. So my husband went back 2 years ago by himself after he got his visa and had another look aroung BNE & the CG. We now have good friends on the CG, so will propably go there. But we are still not sure. So don't worry about having these doubts, go have a look and as someone else has already said you can move somewhere else if it is not for you. Good luck.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:03 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Clairex
Try not to be disappointed by this - look on it as an opportunity to experience living somewhere else. Who knows, it may all work out! And if it doesn't, well, it isn't the end of the world. After all, you can always relocate.

Personally I am a huge fan of Brisbane, although Perth is lovely too (and all that gorgeous Margaret River wine - yum!) If you are stuck for accomodation, PM me and I may be able to put you in touch with some people who can help.

Good luck - and stay focussed on the future, regardless of location!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, its a sign- its a chance to see two cities instead of one.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex

Claire,

I really hope that you will be pleasantly surprised!

At least if you don't like Brisbane on your reccie then you will know for definate Perth is for you, however if you never try brissy you may never know for sure!

best of luck and enjoy it!

Jackie x
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:16 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Many move to one city and if it is not to there liking move bak to the uk !
The are a few guys on here that have just moved to perth from Adelaide , after a year there and not liking it , who are now very happy in Perth .
We like it , but if we said " hey lets move " then with the rise in the house prices would now have a bigger deposit for the east coast than when we arrived !
A nice bonus , see what you think of both places and make your choice .
I have settled from the off , the wife is just feeling settled now after 5 months . Life is short go live it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.