Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of waiting!!!!!! 136 Visa!!!

Sick of waiting!!!!!! 136 Visa!!!

Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of waiting!!!!!! 136 Visa!!!

[QUOTE=poohandtigger]

It took over 8 months to get our 136 ! -
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poohandtigger
I am going to explode if i don't here something soon! keep reading about all these people that have got there visa (congrats by the way xxxxx) and they sent theres after ours worried somethng is wrong we sent ours on 18/6/2006 Class BN Subclass 136 Skillled- Independent not heard a thing!!!!!! pleaseeeeeeeee tell me this is normal ! I carnt take anymore stress !!!!!!
you are practically same time as us and yes we are the same still waiting have resigned myself to the fact that it will be after the new year before we get a co. good luck
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
you are practically same time as us and yes we are the same still waiting have resigned myself to the fact that it will be after the new year before we get a co. good luck

Same here!!!
We're in the same boat - welcome aboard!!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:05 am

staceylhughes is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Sick of waiting!!!!!! 136 Visa!!!

I am really stressed too. :scared:

Our medicals and police checks frontloaded and our visa application is logged as of 30/06/06. No case officer yet as we are not on MODL. Left my job too early, hubby leaving his at Christmas, house in process of being rented/sold.

Sorted out temporary jobs til we go so whilst we decide what we're doing with the house we can - at least - pay the mortgage!

I'm guessing our application is getting closer to the top of the pile. How long does it take once you get a case officer?

What happens - worse case scenario - if our visa application isn't processed by police check date (May)? :scared:

Stacey
Old Dec 9th 2006, 4:08 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Our PCC`s run out in March, we have sent away for updated ones a couple of weeks ago hoping that if we can send them away we can have a later entry/Validation date If not then we have a house to sell, organise the shipping for house AND the dog with the next 12-13 weeks from now! :scared:

we really dont want to have to go over there and spend a few thousand pounds just to validate

Originally Posted by staceylhughes
I am really stressed too. :scared:

Our medicals and police checks frontloaded and our visa application is logged as of 30/06/06. No case officer yet as we are not on MODL. Left my job too early, hubby leaving his at Christmas, house in process of being rented/sold.

Sorted out temporary jobs til we go so whilst we decide what we're doing with the house we can - at least - pay the mortgage!

I'm guessing our application is getting closer to the top of the pile. How long does it take once you get a case officer?

What happens - worse case scenario - if our visa application isn't processed by police check date (May)? :scared:

Stacey
Old Dec 9th 2006, 7:12 pm
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about

It for sure is hard work WAITING!
we are finding it hard too, think the worst part for us is being in limbo ie living at the in-laws house already lett out, and just WAITING......
We also didnt plan for being here for christmas.

we are on Dave's speadsheet and getting swamped by people whom have have case officers assigned and visas granted, which is a good thing as it means HOPEFULLY ours is imminent! seems like Ive said that a hundred times already lol.
we are on same visa as you so check out the link

http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visaapps/april-june06.htm

we wish you all the best for some good news soon.
Raiz

I am going to explode if i don't here something soon! keep reading about all these people that have got there visa (congrats by the way xxxxx) and they sent theres after ours worried somethng is wrong we sent ours on 18/6/2006 Class BN Subclass 136 Skillled- Independent not heard a thing!!!!!! pleaseeeeeeeee tell me this is normal ! I carnt take anymore stress !!!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 7:57 pm
Darren,Emma and Katie

poohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the roughpoohandtigger is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by raiz
It for sure is hard work WAITING!
we are finding it hard too, think the worst part for us is being in limbo ie living at the in-laws house already lett out, and just WAITING......
We also didnt plan for being here for christmas.

we are on Dave's speadsheet and getting swamped by people whom have have case officers assigned and visas granted, which is a good thing as it means HOPEFULLY ours is imminent! seems like Ive said that a hundred times already lol.
we are on same visa as you so check out the link

http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visaapps/april-june06.htm

we wish you all the best for some good news soon.
Raiz
Thanks mate hope you here soon sounds like you need it quicker than us, I am fed up of going to work and listeningto work collegues saying have you heard anything yet , its taking a long time I KNOW!!!!!
Have you had your meds yet we did ours in october thinking we would be hearing something in december
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate hope you here soon sounds like you need it quicker than us, I am fed up of going to work and listeningto work collegues saying have you heard anything yet , its taking a long time I KNOW!!!!!
Have you had your meds yet we did ours in october thinking we would be hearing something in december
Can I ask what front loading meds and police checks for your vias means?????
Does that mean you get these done and send them off with your application ? instead of waiting to be asked to do them ???

jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:16 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly does mean just that, Jen

It looks like this is the way to go now as i have seen a few posts where ppl have frontloaded both and have gone straight to Visa Grant without have any word that they even have a CO. Also i believe that some agents are asking for them to be sent along with the application, i just wish i had done this.

Originally Posted by JenJen
Can I ask what front loading meds and police checks for your vias means?????
Does that mean you get these done and send them off with your application ? instead of waiting to be asked to do them ???

jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
It certainly does mean just that, Jen

It looks like this is the way to go now as i have seen a few posts where ppl have frontloaded both and have gone straight to Visa Grant without have any word that they even have a CO. Also i believe that some agents are asking for them to be sent along with the application, i just wish i had done this.
Oh poopy

Can you just send them out before being asked after your application has been sent in

Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh poopy

Can you just send them out before being asked after your application has been sent in

Jen
Our application arrived in Oz on 3rd May, we were called for medicals end of October and they were received 7th November ish so a waiting game for us too! We sold the house, get the money next week (yey!) but we are going to rent our house from the buyers until we go, assuming we go!
It is horrible waiting though, every time the phone goes i get all tingly, even kicked my eldest son out of his room into his borthers room so i can use the room for "stuff we are taking"
Aw well, heres hoping we hear soon.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
Our application arrived in Oz on 3rd May, we were called for medicals end of October and they were received 7th November ish so a waiting game for us too! We sold the house, get the money next week (yey!) but we are going to rent our house from the buyers until we go, assuming we go!
It is horrible waiting though, every time the phone goes i get all tingly, even kicked my eldest son out of his room into his borthers room so i can use the room for "stuff we are taking"
Aw well, heres hoping we hear soon.
Oh my good god
Okayy looks like we're in for a long wait

Best of luck let us know when you get the thumbs up ?

Jen
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my good god
Okayy looks like we're in for a long wait

Best of luck let us know when you get the thumbs up ?

Jen
will do! hopefully soon
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:29 am
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about

We know what you mean, we sometimes get the feeling that people are getting bored of asking as much as we're getting bored of answering! Yes we had our meds and pc's completed in July and frontloaded. As soon as we get the nod, we're booking a flight and we're outta here! Good luck

Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:44 pm

staceylhughes is on a distinguished road

So glad people are in the same boat as us.
Makes us feel 'real'.

We kept guessing the time the visa would take but have decided agains that now as we are continually disappointed. Also feel very foolish each time we see people and they are asking for updates. My answer to "when are you going?" has become "how long is a piece of string".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.