Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Wikiposts

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:58 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by EricB
TO STATE THE OBVIOUS... IT IS NOT "TIME TO TIME" it is incessant, it is relentless, it is totally inconsiderate, and you lot that do it won't give up. You swamp the threads and the forum. This is just about the only site dedicated to the topic and you lot could joke and josh with your mates in any of thousands of forums or chat groups. How about just giving the forum a little chance to stay on topic.

I have no problem with wingers on topic, - a negative opinion is a good opinion, don't expect all roses, just a whole lot less crap.
Oh God, not another guardian reading, sandal wearing, veggie eating, nancy-boy do-gooder.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:02 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

TO STATE THE OBVIOUS... IT IS NOT "TIME TO TIME" it is incessant, it is relentless, it is totally inconsiderate, and you lot that do it won't give up. You swamp the threads and the forum. This is just about the only site dedicated to the topic and you lot could joke and josh with your mates in any of thousands of forums or chat groups. How about just giving the forum a little chance to stay on topic.

I have no problem with wingers on topic, - a negative opinion is a good opinion, don't expect all roses, just a whole lot less crap.
EricB - irrelevant posts (as far as you are concerned!) may have been a problem (say) 3-4 years ago in the days of slow downloads (yes it used to be a bit frustrating to wait for the download then find it was off topic) but these days what is the difficulty about (a) putting someone you don't want to hear on 'ignore' or (b) just clicking onto another thread. It's pretty obvious after the first post and the next reply or two which way a thread is going.

Yet you still clicked on this thread and ended up getting annoyed. Whose fault is that?!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Eric, I have to say mate, that as someone who plans to travel and make a massive upheaval to aus in a in couple of months time I find this site and all of its forums extremely useful. Your focus on moaning about the crap as you call it annoys me more than the crap itself which is often light hearted and mostly inoffensive, I think this site is intend to be a broad church. My suggestion would be either to go somehwere else or be more selctive about the way use the site if it bothers you that much.

James
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

Have to agree with James here, Ease up EricB will you!
lots of negatives and positives on here, what’s the problem with a bit of banter and humour on the forum?

The upheaval for most is stressful, with life changing decisions for all of us and the advise on this forum is better than ANY travel guide or book you could ever buy.

You need to loosen up Eric - with that mentality - trust me - you will get eaten alive by the Australian banter and sense of humour……

UM

Last edited by unrefined_mind; Jul 30th 2003 at 6:24 am.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:25 am
Oz bound I hope

EricB is an unknown quantity at this point

1) download speed is irrelevant, - the volume of crap is..
2) We all know ignore doesn't work see earlier..
3) Another thread on this topic doesn't exist.
4) I clicked on the thread because I AGREED with the original poster who has a valid point.
5) why can't you lot "find another forum" ?

my last post on subject. - you can have the last word, we all know you won't resist.. 4 posts a day avarage??? all useful I'm sure...
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

"Good luck Pal...."
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:33 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Because I like this forum and the people who post here and I also like to read most of the stuff posted here.

Because I'm migrating to New Zealand in September and can share hopes, thought, insights and experiences with people in a similar position or who have 'done that', whether to Aus or NZ.

Because I enjoy the joking and camaraderie at a stressful time.

Because most people here are a good laugh with a great sense of humour, a great sense of perspective and valuable knowledge to share.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to say it would get pretty boring in here if they all left..
Most of the other posters would then soon fall away..

If you look most other similar forums you'll find one or two posts a day, if you're lucky, why do you think this one is so busy? It's entertaining, well, perhaps not for everyone, but I think most seem to agree.

Anyway, don't knock having a laugh, even Wilf is on the happy pills these days!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:42 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

So now, Eric does that answer your question??
Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Something you should bear in mind is most of the folks on here that are accused of "swamping threads" actually live in Australia/NZ. They are the ones with the facts you yearn for so if they all disappeared the rest of us would be left with what?:lecture:
Pull your head out your arse mate and lighten up a bit this visa lark is a long and boring process, the forum provides light entertainment for all if you don't like it try one of the other countless forums [some of them have threads that are only a month or so old and you may get a reply before you get your visa if your really lucky]
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:07 am
Badge

the negative views are important - but there's no need for personal, endless tirades or pointless cut and pastes - not because we don't want to hear then but because there are always negatives in the press in any country - its called calling the govt to accountability.

a bit of humour does not go amiss from time to time

badgers

Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cresta57
Something you should bear in mind is most of the folks on here that are accused of "swamping threads" actually live in Australia/NZ. They are the ones with the facts you yearn for
Please could you tell us who these people are then ?
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by cresta57
Something you should bear in mind is most of the folks on here that are accused of "swamping threads" actually live in Australia/NZ. They are the ones with the facts you yearn for so if they all disappeared the rest of us would be left with what?:lecture:
Pull your head out your arse mate and lighten up a bit this visa lark is a long and boring process, the forum provides light entertainment for all if you don't like it try one of the other countless forums [some of them have threads that are only a month or so old and you may get a reply before you get your visa if your really lucky]
Just in case you dont know all posts by Aussie ressidents that include humour or a negative threads are now deleted or placed under the heading JUNK by the moderator.

Posts whinging about UK supermarkets, or slagging off PB however do not get deleted!!! or classed as Junk.

As you say this forum was set apart by its honesty and humour.

Thanks to the few whingers who could not handle a bit of banter and truth. You won and its now another squeaky clean "Oh my gosh its wonderful forum". Very useful when you get off the plane I bet.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:48 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by dotty
Just in case you dont know all posts by Aussie ressidents that include humour or a negative threads are now deleted or placed under the heading JUNK by the moderator.

Posts whinging about UK supermarkets, or slagging off PB however do not get deleted!!! or classed as Junk.

As you say this forum was set apart by its honesty and humour.

Thanks to the few whingers who could not handle a bit of banter and truth. You won and its now another squeaky clean "Oh my gosh its wonderful forum". Very useful when you get off the plane I bet.
Come now Dotty, you are supposed to be writing about birds today. Straying off the subject already I see. Dotty by name dotty by nature.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

this forum is brightend up by the likes of Don & Dotty. Don was off line for a few weeks and the forum was not so much fun! He has been very helpful to me in answering many questions that I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.