Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Wikiposts

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Old Jul 29th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sick of the crap on this forum!

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
That's right: garbage and waffle is all I'm about. Don't try and twist my words, Alextoo, or I may invite you to CHARDONNAY DUEL (and I always win) haha!!! Just remember: Don Pleasance = garbage and waffle.

Don't mess with my monicker!

Old Jul 29th 2003, 10:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And when he's not on stage he's in his little hole on on the riverbank:
http://www.hammyhamster.com/pictures.html:)
Old Jul 29th 2003, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Florida_03
This is a Hampster...very good singers...got all their albums. You'll understand when you get to NZ.

I have loved reading these posts today, but hubby is giving me the evil eye, (Canadian all work and no play) ......"ha ha"........
got to get back to work..........
:lecture: ..........
Old Jul 29th 2003, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Drop in again sometime for some more inane nonensical entertainment and trivia - and bring hubby with you, he doesn't know what he's missing!
My bloke told me today he thinks I'm crackers - and thats when he's on the other side of the world - wait till he's reading some of these posts over my shoulder in a couple of weeks time, Lord only knows what he'll think then!
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy

One thing that makes British people quintessentially 'British' is their humour, ability to laugh at themselves
You must need this more than most?
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pollyana
Drop in again sometime for some more inane nonensical entertainment and trivia - and bring hubby with you, he doesn't know what he's missing!
My bloke told me today he thinks I'm crackers - and thats when he's on the other side of the world - wait till he's reading some of these posts over my shoulder in a couple of weeks time, Lord only knows what he'll think then!
He'll be glad your there I'm sure....
Old Jul 29th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Oh my God I can't believe this. I don't usually get involved in tit for tat but this one is just too good to miss.

What a dull place this forum would be if we didn't have some of the characters like PB, Wilf, Dotty, Florida, Baldbutts etc. The majority of these posters actually have crossed to the other side and there are not that many of us over here who post so you should be grateful to get their input.

God, talk about whinge. Lighten up a bit it's only a forum.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Oh my God I can't believe this. I don't usually get involved in tit for tat but this one is just too good to miss.

What a dull place this forum would be if we didn't have some of the characters like PB, Wilf, Dotty, Florida, Baldbutts etc. The majority of these posters actually have crossed to the other side and there are not that many of us over here who post so you should be grateful to get their input.

God, talk about whinge. Lighten up a bit it's only a forum.
"Crossed to the other side"? Speak for yourself Diane. I am full of life and am in terrific shape for a man of 80. Trouble is, I am only 60.

Seems to me that we cause problems to those who think this forum is all that you need to emigrate. Needless to say, this did not exist when I came out here and all I had was people telling me what a mistake I was making. This forum has many, many people encouraging them to emigrate and very few questioning the wisdom of it, so I find it very pro-Oz overall. I am always surprised that my stuff is so hard for people. I admit I do not try hard to be sensitive, but how can what a stranger says on an internet thing put someone off making the decision to emigrate? I like the people like Chippy, Renth, and April who read what I and others post and then give it back with a laugh. There is lots of help for people these days compared to what there was when I came out - all these websites and forums and so on. All we had was a black and white film and a talk at a local hall in London! Everyone else said to me "You are making a big mistake, son, it is so far". Well, I certainly proved them right, didn't I?
Old Jul 29th 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by alextoo
Am I the only one who is heartly sick and tired of the garbage posts on this forum?

There's pb - its all been said, dotty - how much money i've got, wilf and megalania - offspring of pb, don of pleasance family - pages and pages of waffle about anything and everything and obviously another of pb's offspring, and several others who think this is a general chat group.

Each day the genuine people who log on to find out information about australia are forced to wade through reams of crap.

There are decent helpful people on here, including Alan Collet who also has his own aussie forum at go-matilda. However this is not used enough and I would suggest that the people who genuinely want to find about australia and help others to find out should transfer to the go-matilda forum and leave this forum to pb and co

Alex
Firstly yesterday Don (wrongly) suggested that I had missed out on property boom in UK and jokingly suggested I needed food parcels. Merely correcting him that buying here before OZ property boom produced very nice resutlts too thank you. I have also posted info on my success here when people wrongly assume all people who went to OZ and return are failures. Wrong again, most who return are the dynamic ones who are not happy with the beach/bbq scene. Also people ask what I do here so I told them. In future I shall tell them to mind their own business perhaps?

As for the rest of your post it seems yet another one who does not want to hear about the real OZ, just the glittery sun struck one. Try a travel agent.

My posts yesterday inclued invaluable info on the Bris/SE Qld property market. Info that if heeded with probably make some immos quite a nice packet of dosh. Like my tips on Palmwoods some months ago, 7th top growth area in OZ now. Or my predictions that the pound would not go back to 2.85 for now and to immigrate soon as house prices were zooming up. Hardly wrong was I.

This forum contains valuable info on the real OZ, stuff you can learn from. Ive learnt heaps of useful stuff on this forum and I live here. Real stuff on the real OZ by real people.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dotty
Firstly yesterday Don (wrongly) suggested that I had missed out on property boom in UK and jokingly suggested I needed food parcels. Merely correcting him that buying here before OZ property boom produced very nice resutlts too thank you. I have also posted info on my success here when people wrongly assume all people who went to OZ and return are failures. Wrong again, most who return are the dynamic ones who are not happy with the beach/bbq scene. Also people ask what I do here so I told them. In future I shall tell them to mind their own business perhaps?

As for the rest of your post it seems yet another one who does not want to hear about the real OZ, just the glittery sun struck one. Try a travel agent.

My posts yesterday inclued invaluable info on the Bris/SE Qld property market. Info that if heeded with probably make some immos quite a nice packet of dosh. Like my tips on Palmwoods some months ago, 7th top growth area in OZ now. Or my predictions that the pound would not go back to 2.85 for now and to immigrate soon as house prices were zooming up. Hardly wrong was I.

This forum contains valuable info on the real OZ, stuff you can learn from. Ive learnt heaps of useful stuff on this forum and I live here. Real stuff on the real OZ by real people.

Dotty. (I"m being lazy I know I could look at earlier posts) but what do you do over there? sounds like you have done really well
(Thats a good thing)..........
Old Jul 29th 2003, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Sorry April. After yesterdays whingers taking offence at the success of anyone in OZ I have decided not to divulge more of my super hot tips here.

Why bother chucking around fantastic tips on all things financial if they are not appreciated.

My future posts could be all Koalas, beaches and gum trees. Really useful stuff no doubt. Wow that will help make a life here.

Look April I'll send you a little PM but I'm not putting any more info for the masses on here anymore. Let them find out the hard way.

Gosh look out for my post coming up on birds.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

As someone who made the move 1 year ago, I will continue to post occasionally when I feel I can help and would encourage all those who are in Australia to do the same.

I joined this forum about 18 months ago and the information on the site then was pro Australian, very few negative comments - the forum needs to be 'balanced' so people are well informed before they set off on such a huge move and change in their life.

I've found our first year here very hard and haven't slept properly since arriving , I've not wanted to talk to anyone here about how I really feel because I don't want to be branded a 'whinger'.

This forum has helped me weigh up all the pros and cons of living in Australia and UK so we can make the right decision for our future. PLEASE keep posting ALL you Aussie people!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 1:21 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Don't know why you think I think am pissed Wilfo...Wilfo, I love you! Give me your hand in marriage you hairy ape! Let me take you away from everything - let us sail away on a bed of lilies, let us float on a sea of manatees, let us break bread with the bread eaters, let us...

But no! I must away. It was a fey dream. Alas, no more. Goodnight. Goodnight.
And you want to challenge someone to a Chardonnay Duel?! Bring it on! Although I'll choose the weapon, and I choose.......Cabernet Sauvignon! Ha ha!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:39 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Houdini
And you want to challenge someone to a Chardonnay Duel?! Bring it on! Although I'll choose the weapon, and I choose.......Cabernet Sauvignon! Ha ha!
It's all true, must I hang my head in shame yet again?! Yesterday was a day of torrential downpours and grey skies here in Central Europe and I couldn't think of much else to do apart from reading, TV or British Expats...with a tinny or two (or more!) once the kids were in bed. British Expats won. But looking back, that was a good laugh. And now Wilfo and are to be married!!!

(PS old Alex, what's wrong with a laugh with your online mates from time to time, even if it does stray off topic?)
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:52 am
Oz bound I hope

EricB is an unknown quantity at this point

(PS old Alex, what's wrong with a laugh with your online mates from time to time, even if it does stray off topic?)

TO STATE THE OBVIOUS... IT IS NOT "TIME TO TIME" it is incessant, it is relentless, it is totally inconsiderate, and you lot that do it won't give up. You swamp the threads and the forum. This is just about the only site dedicated to the topic and you lot could joke and josh with your mates in any of thousands of forums or chat groups. How about just giving the forum a little chance to stay on topic.

I have no problem with wingers on topic, - a negative opinion is a good opinion, don't expect all roses, just a whole lot less crap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.