Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Sick of the crap on this forum!

Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
QLD gov gives an 8-10c litre rebate to either the garage or petrol companies. Tried to scrap it 2 years ago and virtual open warfare errupted, gov backed down.
Think they made a change by paying garage instead of oil companies because oil companies were claiming the rebate and then sending petrol to NSW and selling it their.
You have nailed what is wrong with goverment in Australia ,the state goverments buy votes at taxpayers expense , any rebate has to be funded by cut backs elsewhere.
The country needs one goverment to rule , far too many pollies in this third rate country for me , a state can have a Labor PM who's at odds with a Federal Liberal PM so infighing at the voters expense is the order of the day.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by carol newell
Qld is sounding better to me by the minute!!
Have just seen on the telly that Sydney has the highest house prices in the country. To buy a house close to the city they reckon you can start at $450,000 and to get anything on the harbour well unless you are a millionaire forget it! Quite out of the reach of first home buyers. Further out sw sydney is about $300,000, and up to whatever, and then the further out you go it gets cheaper but theres not much work there.

Carol in NSW
I think you'd be lucky to find anything for $450k anywhere remotely close to the city in Sydney. I have friends in Annandale (about 10 minutes drive out of city if I remember rightly) and their two bedroom terraced house is prob worth about $700k. I have other friends in the back of Cronulla (out past Botany) and they had to settle for a fibro for $500k. Have other friends who've just sold their waterfront house in Castecrag for £4.5 million (the house is nothing special at all - it's the plot that fetched the money).

Compared to Sydney, Brisbane is very cheap indeed.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:42 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by alextoo
To all you genuine Aussies or expats please lets have more about your everyday life and experiences, - which are nice beaches to visit, the price of petrol, places to steer clear of, health services, taxes, price of fish and chips! etc etc.
Alex
Let's help old Alex out in his hour of need.

Beaches: Mission, Bondi.
Steer clear: Adelaide
Health services: OK everywhere
Taxes: see elsewhere/ archive
Fish & Chips: Try Manganui F&C, Manganui

Alex - don't be an old fart before your time, tell us what you'd really like this forum to be like.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 12:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Alex - don't be an old fart before your time, tell us what you'd really like this forum to be like.
Dream on health services here are cash driven you get what you can afford.

Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:34 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Carol_in Oz
Qld is sounding better to me by the minute!!
Have just seen on the telly that Sydney has the highest house prices in the country. To buy a house close to the city they reckon you can start at $450,000 and to get anything on the harbour well unless you are a millionaire forget it! Quite out of the reach of first home buyers. Further out sw sydney is about $300,000, and up to whatever, and then the further out you go it gets cheaper but theres not much work there.

Carol in NSW
Carol have you ever thought of looking at Newcastle in NSW instead of Sydney. People seem to think only of the major capital cities when emigrating and forget to look around the other cities/towns. Places like Newcastle (only a couple hours of drive from Sydney) are just as cheap as Brisbane for housing, and as much work around the area per ratio.

Newcastle has plenty of beaches, lake, national parks and employment in and around the surrounding areas. I personally preferred Newcastle to Brisbane. And given the choice I would rather live down there than Brisbane any day, but it's not feasible for us - our business is up here in Brisbane for a reason - we service/do business in areas such as Gladstone besides Brisbane. So we need to be in QLD.

Just a thought, but don't count out places like Newcastle and such.

Cheers
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Beaches: Mission, Bondi.
Steer clear: Adelaide
Taxes: see elsewhere/ archive
Fish & Chips: Try Manganui F&C, Manganui

Well Don, if Bondi is the best you can come up with, you`re sadder than I thought you were. It`s like bloody Weymouth!!!

Try some of the beaches in the Whitsundays, or some of the 000`s of others on the Queensland coast, but for gawds sake don`t bother with Bondi!!!
Old Aug 1st 2003, 6:53 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by Ceri
Carol have you ever thought of looking at Newcastle in NSW instead of Sydney. People seem to think only of the major capital cities when emigrating and forget to look around the other cities/towns. Places like Newcastle (only a couple hours of drive from Sydney) are just as cheap as Brisbane for housing, and as much work around the area per ratio.

Newcastle has plenty of beaches, lake, national parks and employment in and around the surrounding areas. I personally preferred Newcastle to Brisbane. And given the choice I would rather live down there than Brisbane any day, but it's not feasible for us - our business is up here in Brisbane for a reason - we service/do business in areas such as Gladstone besides Brisbane. So we need to be in QLD.

Just a thought, but don't count out places like Newcastle and such.

Ceri
Have been looking for a while for someplace to move to. Am liking Port Stephens /Nelson Bay area but some areas of the Upper Hunter appeal also. Cant make up me mind! Want someplace quiet cant stand all this hustle and bustle of Sydney any more. Although I am over 1 hour away on the train suburbia has caught up with what used to be a country town. Do you get Sydney Weekender on the telly in Qld? They featured Newcastle a while ago I think.
Carol

Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:40 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rosy
Well Don, if Bondi is the best you can come up with, you`re sadder than I thought you were. It`s like bloody Weymouth!!!

Try some of the beaches in the Whitsundays, or some of the 000`s of others on the Queensland coast, but for gawds sake don`t bother with Bondi!!!
Well I was only thinking of old Alex. Yes, one of my favourite beaches was that white sand one in the Whitsundays. Took a bit of getting to, though. For thou and me (sod off, Alex!), try some of those beaches on Fraser Island - they are brilliant!
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sick of the crap on this forum!

Originally posted by Wilf
Do you mean that you are here seeking asylum from your current forum of residence without having the proper credentials for doing so?
Not seeking asylum, IN the asylum
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Wilf
Do not get upset at the banter...
Use this as a testing ground to toughen up and improve your tolerance of other people...
No time tonight to expand on this very much tonight but Wilf makes a good point. You can also improve your debating skills as well as toughen up a bit. You might also become less thin-skinned as well.

Sorry for the late replies but I tried having a life for a few days; didn't like it much, so I came back to this forum.

Last edited by TimEh?; Aug 4th 2003 at 5:09 am.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:05 am
Banned

Originally posted by TimEh?
No time tonight to expand on this very much tonight but Wilf makes a good point. You can also improve your debating skills as well as toughen up a bit. You might also become less thin-skinned as well.

This is far to tough for the dreamers they wish to have nice people around them no dissenters welcome.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pommie bastard
This is far to tough for the dreamers they wish to have nice people around them no dissenters welcome.

Dissenters AND Martyrs
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:09 am
Banned

Dissenters AND Martyrs

Expand your thoughts or back them up.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Expand your thoughts or back them up.

Keep your knickers on me duck - just referring to people who are prepared to die for a cause.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:31 am
Banned

Keep your knickers on me duck - just referring to people who are prepared to die for a cause.

Right me lad I bow to your knowledge on these matters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.