Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of this attitude

Sick of this attitude

Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:42 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Sick of this attitude

Arlene, we're just sick of friends not believing in us that we are actually serious about emmigrating, you know, you get that knowing look. If those nice visa people do the business, we are most definately off!!!!

rossifumi
Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sick of this attitude

Originally posted by rossifumi
Arlene, we're just sick of friends not believing in us that we are actually serious about emmigrating, you know, you get that knowing look. If those nice visa people do the business, we are most definately off!!!!

rossifumi

I know how you feel, when we told our family & friends that we were going they sort of said "Oh ok, that will be nice", you know that they did not really believe us.

But now that we have sold the house, applied for carrer breaks (these are just in case, and last for 5 years, and still let us work in Oz), throwing stuff away, giving stuff to friends, giving stuff to charitys, i think that most now realise that it is about to happen, it is priceless to see there faces, espeacilly when you say "We told you ages ago".

You feel like saying, na na na na na.

LOL

Mark.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rossifumi

rossifumi

Been there.....................got thr t-shirt and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold hoose, getting leaving do sorted ans still people say .ohh so u r really goin.........like doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just chill mate....and I will get the party organised for when u get to Aussie
Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

My partners dad was exactly the same. And he knew we were plannign to go to oz for over a year... then when we told him it would be THIS year - he was all like, "you never said you were going to Australia, when did you decide this"... then turned around and asked his other son if he knew about it, to which he replied "yep"

Classic moment..... but I agree, it just doesnt sink in with the general public i.e. family until its close!