Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shrewsbury Meds - -info please

Shrewsbury Meds - -info please

Old May 5th 2006, 9:12 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shrewsbury Meds - -info please

Hi,

Has anyone had their meds done at Riverside practise in Shrewsbury?

Ours are at 2pm!!! so I'd be grateful for any info.

I know I've left it a bit late to be asking but it's only just occurred to me - - -must be all this stress!!!!!

xRachx
Old May 5th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shrewsbury Meds - -info please

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi,

I know I've left it a bit late to be asking but it's only just occurred to me - - -must be all this stress!!!!!

xRachx
Hi Rachel,we had ours done at Riverside.They were very nice and friendly.The nurse will see you first and weigh you and take a wee sample and blood.then into the doctors and he will do the rest.If you have children he is great with them.They give you an option of having a nurse present.I also got to leave my underwear on,even though my bra strap snapped.nothing to worry about.When you are finished nip off to the Armoury for a well deserved .x Irishbloo
Old May 5th 2006, 10:02 am

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Hi Rachel,we had ours done at Riverside.They were very nice and friendly.The nurse will see you first and weigh you and take a wee sample and blood.then into the doctors and he will do the rest.If you have children he is great with them.They give you an option of having a nurse present.I also got to leave my underwear on,even though my bra strap snapped.nothing to worry about.When you are finished nip off to the Armoury for a well deserved .x Irishbloo
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Was hoping to get away without the undressing part as some on here seem to have.
Do you know if my kids will come in with me when I have mine? My hubby is being "done" first as he has to go back to work, so kids will be on their own if I go in alone. I was hoping they could provide a nice distraction and get doc to whizz through mine!!!!

xRachx
Old May 5th 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Hi
We went there and they were fantastic lovely people and excellent service say hi to Vicky for me if shes there.
We had dr walker who are yours with ????

good luck
Old May 5th 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
We went there and they were fantastic lovely people and excellent service say hi to Vicky for me if shes there.
We had dr walker who are yours with ????

good luck
Hi,
It doesn't say which Doc we will be with. I know i'm probably freaking for nothing but did you have to strip off? :scared:

xRachx
Old May 5th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Just to underwear but it was behind a curtain and ours was a lady doctor
you will be fine - i was nervous wreck.
Old May 5th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Was hoping to get away without the undressing part as some on here seem to have.
Do you know if my kids will come in with me when I have mine? My hubby is being "done" first as he has to go back to work, so kids will be on their own if I go in alone. I was hoping they could provide a nice distraction and get doc to whizz through mine!!!!

xRachx
Hi Rach,the kids can come into the room with you ,it is big enough.Then when it is there turn to go behind curtain you can go in with them and when you go behind it they just wait in the room so you know they are there.the doc just has aquick feel of tummy and back ,easy ,honest .x
Old May 5th 2006, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Hi Rach,the kids can come into the room with you ,it is big enough.Then when it is there turn to go behind curtain you can go in with them and when you go behind it they just wait in the room so you know they are there.the doc just has aquick feel of tummy and back ,easy ,honest .x
Cheers guys.

Still Sh**ting it but your replies have helped.

xRachx
Old May 5th 2006, 1:17 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

xRachx
Hi

We had ours doe there a about a year ago and although it went OK my memory is that they were a bit half baked. I remember them trying to test our 4 year old's eyesight by showing him odd pictures of things that were unrecognisable to me and asking hime to describe what he was seeing from 10metres away.

Anyway the fun started when they sent us up to the hospital for X Rays. At the end of the session the consultant handed the images over to us and said: "here you are, all fine!" So we said: "aren't you supposed to send these off?" He said: "am I?".

Anyway needless to say the X rays dissappeared for a few stressful days or even weeks before they eventually turned up at Australia House in the right department.

But, we got here in the end.

Funnily enough we met some people from Shrewsbury in Kings Park (Perth) the other day. There son it turns out was at Twyford Tots nursery in Shrewsbury (same class) as our son.

Good luck, hope it all goes well.