Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Showing credit card to Singapore Airlines

Showing credit card to Singapore Airlines

Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:25 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Showing credit card to Singapore Airlines

Hi all,

We've just booked our flights to Australia with Singapore airlines for later in the year. We used our credit card to pay (insurance and all of that) which runs expires July. When we booked we had a message saying that we will need to visit the office of Singapore airlines with our credit cards before it expires. Fair enough, however, after calling their main office this evening they are saying we need to visit the Singapore ticket office at Heathrow, which is 3 hours away!

Anyone else had to do this? Do we just need to grin and bare it and travel all the way to Heathrow?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Showing credit card to Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Hi all,

We've just booked our flights to Australia with Singapore airlines for later in the year. We used our credit card to pay (insurance and all of that) which runs expires July. When we booked we had a message saying that we will need to visit the office of Singapore airlines with our credit cards before it expires. Fair enough, however, after calling their main office this evening they are saying we need to visit the Singapore ticket office at Heathrow, which is 3 hours away!

Anyone else had to do this? Do we just need to grin and bare it and travel all the way to Heathrow?

Yeah it was telling me the same when I tried to book using a card that will expire before the flight takes place.

So I used another card which expires after we leave and no problems. It even says we don't need to show the card at check-in.

I didn't want to have to go somewhere and show them the card.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice

If you are renewing the credit card take that, and the expired one to check in when you fly. Email Singapore airlines well in advance and tell them what you intend to do.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

their customer services are really good and normally email back within 24 hours, if you have it in writing from them saying it's OK to take the old card then sure that's fine.

I've also never been asked to show my credit card whilst checking in with them!!??

We had to do the same for a flight my wife booked on her card that was due to expire b4 the flight, but only live 20 mins from manchester airport so wasn't a prob, but staff on counter when we went didn't seem that bothered!!?? I was on same flight and booked my seat on my card and again I was never asked to show my credit card at check in!!??

Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:45 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrCro
I've also never been asked to show my credit card whilst checking in with them!!??
They actually have a reputation for being very strict on this.

I've read several stories of people having problems at the airport and in some cases being forced to buy new tickets there and then at whatever price!

The policy seems quite unreasonable I'd say.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Hi all,

I've had to do this but in Singapore and Johannesburg. In Singapore the check-in lady wanted to see it and in Jo'burg I had to take it to their ticketing desk, which was only a few metres from check-in. At Heathrow SIA ticketing is also very near check-in.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:24 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for this - MrCro, did you ask for confirmation that you had called in and shown your card?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we flew from Perth to Uk they asked to see the card but unfortunately we had lost it few months before, the guy was definate on seeing on the card and eventually someone else (who was much more understanding) stepped in and we just rang the bank who confirmed the date of when we bought the tickets.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

What if someone who aint travelling with buys yer ticket ??
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
What if someone who aint travelling with buys yer ticket ??
Same problem Bernie.

You will probably require a letter of authority from the cardholder - or they will have to present the card at an SIA office in advance.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Same problem Bernie.

You will probably require a letter of authority from the cardholder - or they will have to present the card at an SIA office in advance.
How about if the cardholder is actually at the airport when the traveller checks in - with their card?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:58 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How about if the cardholder is actually at the airport when the traveller checks in - with their card?
Yes I'm sure that would be OK too. Just to make sure he really leaves you mean!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I would've thought that'd be fine, personally, I mean as long as they can see the cardholder and the card (and its still valid) I wouldn't have thought it matters whether its in the name of the traveller or not?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I would've thought that'd be fine, personally, I mean as long as they can see the cardholder and the card (and its still valid) I wouldn't have thought it matters whether its in the name of the traveller or not?
What I don't understand is if the card is good for payment why the expired card can't just be shown at check in - assuming it has been kept.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:12 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

If i stop the night in Singapore at the airport hotel,do i have to check back in in the morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.