Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

should we take the car!

should we take the car!

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:52 am
Just Joined

lynn59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question should we take the car!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME,WE ARE MOVING TO GEELONG AS SOON AS WE HAVE SOLD THE HOUSE IN ENGLAND. THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IS SHOULD WE TAKE THE CAR IT IS 5YRS OLD AND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE IT,WE WERE THINKING OF GETTING A CONTAINER PUTTING THE CAR AND SOME HOUSEHOLD GOODS IN IT AND SENDING IT,BUT NOT SURE NOW AS SOMEONE HAS SAID WE HAVE TO PAY IMPORT DUTY ON THE CAR ,DOSE ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THIS WILL BE THE CAR VALUE IS 4 THOUSAND ENGLISH POUNDS, AND WHO WOULD BE THE BEST SHIPPING COMPANY.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.

LYNN
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:13 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: should we take the car!

short answer: no. sell it in the UK. It`s not worth the cost of importing it.

Do a search on the forum for all the details.