Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should we still consider moving to Perth?

Should we still consider moving to Perth?

Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should we still consider moving to Perth?

We dont know if the quality of both your houses and neighborhoods is equal, its simply an invalid point. (given in average Australian houses are the biggest in teh world, both your houses had the same size?)

Sydney property prices are higher than Perth, thats another invalid point regarding the subject.

As per 81k pounds / 180k aud, you are saying London is basically 1/3 cheaper than Australia (Perth).
Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babybella
Just been reading this post. Now 5.50am in Uk and feeling very stressed about the move. Our youngest son has type 1 diabetes, in the UK all his meds are free. Is that the same in Aus or do should we stock pile the insulin, needles ect.
Thanks for any advice
Kaz
Should of also said house is sold but buyers messing about with completion. Going to Sydney where our oldest is working. Looking at Terrigal but other posters reckon it is to far out to comute. We have no jobs to go to, no rental sorted, no school sorted. But by the end of the month no jobs here either and a morgage to pay.
Just writing this I think no wonder I can't sleep and am feeling so stressed.
Hubby is a kiwi, we all have NZ passports so that is not a prob. But really I don't know what to do. Maybe he is having a mid-life crisis I don't know.
If someone can answer on the diabetes stuff I would be v grateful
Thanks
Kaz
Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Yes. That seems to be the current thinking around salary conversion.

Try it the otherway round.
Lets say you currently get paid $156k pa in Australia. Now try and find somebody prepared to pay you one hundred thousand pounds a year in the UK to do the same job.
Good luck with that search.
Dont you think we have to compare income against expenditures in both countries?:-)
Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laven
Dont you think we have to compare income against expenditures in both countries?:-)
I give up.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

I give up.
Ok give up but can you answer any of my questions pls.
Still sitting here unable to sleep with a blanket caus it's cold.
Thanks
Kaz
ps everyone else sound asleep in bed urg!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

We dont know if the quality of both your houses and neighborhoods is equal, its simply an invalid point. (given in average Australian houses are the biggest in teh world, both your houses had the same size?)

Sydney property prices are higher than Perth, thats another invalid point regarding the subject.

As per 81k pounds / 180k aud, you are saying London is basically 1/3 cheaper than Australia (Perth).
Oh well I know that I live in a nice neighbourhood here and I did in UK. Please give me some credit for not comparing a one bed flat in some dodgy area with a three bedroom house in some highly desirable area. I thought that was a given.

And my point has been througout that £80k does not equal $130k. Not really sure how many more times we need to say this before it sinks in

Is London a 1/3 more expensive than Perth? I doubt it to be honest, London is very expensive in my opinion. I am not sure where that question came from. I find cost of living much the same. But I wouldn't if I were an economic retard like you who thinks £80k is the same as $130k.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I give up.
Ah well you know when to give up. I think I will now too.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Ah well you know when to give up. I think I will now too.
What about me!!
Should I have started a new thread. New to this if I did I wrong let me know.
Just eaten left over pizza, now 6.10am and still feeling crap and now cold.
Kaz
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Should of also said house is sold but buyers messing about with completion. Going to Sydney where our oldest is working. Looking at Terrigal but other posters reckon it is to far out to comute. We have no jobs to go to, no rental sorted, no school sorted. But by the end of the month no jobs here either and a morgage to pay.
Just writing this I think no wonder I can't sleep and am feeling so stressed.
Hubby is a kiwi, we all have NZ passports so that is not a prob. But really I don't know what to do. Maybe he is having a mid-life crisis I don't know.
If someone can answer on the diabetes stuff I would be v grateful
Thanks
Kaz
Sorry, no idea about the diabetes stuff. Anything to do with medical usually costs something here, but how much I couldn't begin to guess.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Mar 26th 2011 at 6:14 am.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What about me!!
Kaz
What was your question?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

What was your question?
Hi,
Sorry it was about diabetes care for my son. Free meds for him in Uk not sure about Aus.
Been up since 3.45 am can't sleep, stressed about the move
Thanks
Kaz
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

What about me!!
Kaz
Hi Babybella,
I think you should start a new thread, so that people with Aus diabetes knowledge could see it and answer you. I am afraid you have walked into someone elses gun fight here. Although entertaining, I think you are going to get lost. All the best.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Is London a 1/3 more expensive than Perth? I doubt it to be honest, London is very expensive in my opinion. I am not sure where that question came from. I find cost of living much the same. But I wouldn't if I were an economic retard like you who thinks £80k is the same as $130k.
Need closer to $180k to have comparable spending power.
and yeah, Syudney market is much higher than Perth market but Im the economic retard.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rozellem
Hi Babybella,
I think you should start a new thread, so that people with Aus diabetes knowledge could see it and answer you. I am afraid you have walked into someone elses gun fight here. Although entertaining, I think you are going to get lost. All the best.
Thanks for your reply. I will start a new thread later. Going back to bed now 6.30am am now starting to feel tired and cold.
Have a lovely evening
Kaz
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and yeah, Syudney market is much higher than Perth market but Im the economic retard.
I think we know that Sydney is more expensive than Perth. I didn't think that was what we were discussing here. I thought we were discussing whether £80k is equivalent to $130k. And as you seem to be saying that it is, based I assume on current exchange rates, then yes, you are an economic retard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.