Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:54 am
Just Joined

krowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Help. We have a big decision to make after living in Wollongong (90-minute drive from Sydney) for 3 years. I would be very grateful for any information about life in Bundaberg, QLD, or close to that area. Hubby Pete has been offered a job there. He initially turned down the job, primarily for financial reasons, but the employer has come back to Pete today with an increased pay deal and we are seriously considering the offer. Pete has a well-paid job on a newspaper in Sydney (although it is freelance so he has no contract) but the commute five days a week is taking its toll on his health and the quality of family life (we have a 3-year-old son), especially as I have been working full-time for eight months. Saturday is the only day we have together as a family as Pete works Sundays. I have been to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast on holiday but have no idea what living in QLD would be like.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Originally Posted by krowe
Help. We have a big decision to make after living in Wollongong (90-minute drive from Sydney) for 3 years. I would be very grateful for any information about life in Bundaberg, QLD, or close to that area. Hubby Pete has been offered a job there. He initially turned down the job, primarily for financial reasons, but the employer has come back to Pete today with an increased pay deal and we are seriously considering the offer. Pete has a well-paid job on a newspaper in Sydney (although it is freelance so he has no contract) but the commute five days a week is taking its toll on his health and the quality of family life (we have a 3-year-old son), especially as I have been working full-time for eight months. Saturday is the only day we have together as a family as Pete works Sundays. I have been to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast on holiday but have no idea what living in QLD would be like.

Would it be possible for you to visit Bundaberg first so that you can make more of an imformed choice?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:58 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Originally Posted by mand8002
Would it be possible for you to visit Bundaberg first so that you can make more of an imformed choice?
I really would take a trip to Bundy. I didn't think much of it when I was there, but that was as a tourist, not someone who lived there. When you're resident, things are a lot different and your home is what you make it.

There's some good distilleries in Bundy.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Should we move to QLD from NSW?

Originally Posted by krowe
We moved to Bundaberg nearly seven months ago from UK. Fire away with any questions you may have.