Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should i worry about house rentals?? PERTH

Should i worry about house rentals?? PERTH

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 5:22 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Should i worry about house rentals?? PERTH

When I first started to look at costs and availability some 6 months ago, there seemed to be loads of property available at decent prices. We are looking at NOR as i will be working at Joondalup Health Camus and want to be close to the beach and schools for the kids. We particularly like Ocean Reef/Connolly/Iluka,

Over the past month or so there seems to be far less choice, to the point that i am starting to worry that we will struggle to find anywhere at all. Especially after reading some of the posts. :scared: We leave in 8 weeks and then we have a months holiday let in Burns Beach and then thats it

I want to be told not to worry BTW

Any ideas/suggestions welcomed

Cheers Paula
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Sarah68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should i worry about house rentals?? PERTH

[QUOTE=somedogsdo]When I first started to look at costs and availability some 6 months ago, there seemed to be loads of property available at decent prices. We are looking at NOR as i will be working at Joondalup Health Camus and want to be close to the beach and schools for the kids. We particularly like Ocean Reef/Connolly/Iluka,

Over the past month or so there seems to be far less choice, to the point that i am starting to worry that we will struggle to find anywhere at all. Especially after reading some of the posts. :scared: We leave in 8 weeks and then we have a months holiday let in Burns Beach and then thats it

I want to be told not to worry BTW

Any ideas/suggestions welcomed

Hi Paula,

We are also going to Perth, we are going next month. we have also been looking at rentals NoR.
A tip I got off some web site (which I can't remember) was that,if you have been looking at the real estates web sites, don't be put off because in the Quokka' newspaper, which comes out every Thursday morning and the West Australian ' which comes out every Saturday morning, there are the private rentals which apparently outweigh the real estates.
I hope this is of some help.

Mark (Sarah's OH )
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:14 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Hi Paula,

We are also going to Perth, we are going next month. we have also been looking at rentals NoR.
A tip I got off some web site (which I can't remember) was that,if you have been looking at the real estates web sites, don't be put off because in the Quokka' newspaper, which comes out every Thursday morning and the West Australian ' which comes out every Saturday morning, there are the private rentals which apparently outweigh the real estates.
I hope this is of some help.

Mark (Sarah's OH )[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Mark,

Didnt think of the newspapers. Doh,

Will have a look at West australian now

Cheers

Paula
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 2:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The real estate agents publish a list each week of properties they manage - just wander into a shop and pick one up. But we found the best places come and go in a day or two so use the internet (internet cafe or public library) to find the new releases then drive by straight away and if you like the look of something ask to see it as soon as possible. If you can be in the position of proving income / professional qualification or even putting several weeks rent down up front you will have a better chance of going to the top of the owner's list.