Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I visit OZ first ?

Should I visit OZ first ?

Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

The Unready is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I visit OZ first ?

I have already stated that I would like to try to migrate with my girlfriend, future wife - I hope, to Oziland.

But first I must somehow get to know if this country fits me at all. Do you think that it is good idea to visit Oziland first. What I mean is:

I would like to go Australia, spent there couple of weeks and than on the spot see if it is cleaver idea to involve myself into complicated migration process.

Please be concret. Does Australian government has such a program. I am ready to invest up to 3000 E for short stay but unfortunatly have none to guarantee for me. Actualy, I do have some far relatives and long lost friends but I wouldn`t rely on them.

What do you suggest ? I would appreciate if you write me few advices. You can do it also on my private mail: [email protected] thanks in advance !
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definatley visit. You can apply for an ETA if you have an eligible passport. An ETA gives you 90 days but you cannot work.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:12 am
Just Joined

(Un)fortunately it cannot be done. I am not holding ETA eligible passport !
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:14 am

Originally posted by The Unready
(Un)fortunately it cannot be done. I am not holding ETA eligible passport !
There are non ETA visitor visas available and you can ask a relative to sponsor you. Have a look on your local embassy web site. What passport are you on and where do you reside?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:19 am
Just Joined

I have Serbian citizenship and Serbian passport. Of course I reside in Serbia whole my life.

Australia has Embassy in Belgrade and I am going to visit them but no need for now at all because they produce very good web site with all kind of information.

I was just interesting to know is it possible to stay somewhere in Australia, for example some cheap hotel/hostel so that they guarantee for my accomodation and I pay for that. I cannot count of far relatives and long lost friends... So, if any idea ?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:28 am
WBB

I have Serbian citizenship and Serbian passport. Of course I reside in Serbia whole my life.

Australia has Embassy in Belgrade and I am going to visit them but no need for now at all because they produce very good web site with all kind of information.

I was just interesting to know is it possible to stay somewhere in Australia, for example some cheap hotel/hostel so that they guarantee for my accomodation and I pay for that. I cannot count of far relatives and long lost friends... So, if any idea ?

there are a lot of cheap places to stay in all areas of australia, and i would definitely visit for several months before deciding to move on a more permanant basis.

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:35 am

There are plenty of hostels aimed at young backpackers. Here is the website of one
http://www.wakeup.com.au/

The YHA hostel in Sydney looks nice as well. You should be able to get a visa but you might have to show funds and a return ticket. Good luck but I doubt you need it.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

I have decided to visit Oziland and to apply for Turist visa. I need some advices in order to avoid visa refuse.

For how long is possible for me to stay in A. ? I would like to stay at least six weeks ! This is long trip to A. and it is not worth going for week or two neuther it is enough to see all. Is it clever to apply for 6 weeks and is there some rules about length of stay.

Second thing is plane ticket. I am not connected to any date so I will wait to get the best offer. Is there any thchnique in finding such a price for exaple 800euros return ticket ?

In paper for application they ask one: is it likely that you will during your stay visit NZ, Papua, Fiji... if yes please enclose trip plan. I thought, well that could be good opportunity to may be visit NZ. I phoned the embassy for clarification but thay,ve told me that it is highly unlikely that I will get multi visa ! How comes that ?

If I try to visit NZ then I will have to get back to Sydney in order to return to Europe but how when I do not visa for new enter in A. ! Should I travel to A. with one way ticket. amd then with one way, say Sydney-Auckland and than with one way NZ-England !!! Not only that it would be very expensive but my entering A. and NZ. border could be questioned since I am entering with one way ticket !!!

Point is that staff in A. Emb. told me something like - well we can`t help you filling the papers - just be honest and we`ll see what to do !

I must say that sounded like sort of humiliation. Imagine, you want to pay visit to A. to spent money there to admire culture and they behave confrontating to you. Neither they want to giude you through process !

Two things are not clear to me. Suppose they think I would use my tourist enter to stay indefinitely in A. Boy that would be stupid thing to do ! After my visa expiry I would be hunted with no chance to work, to get papers, marry (i am married but still nevermind). Plus A. is an island, where would I go for Christ !

Realy is ther idiots that would do this ?

I will appreciate some comments on my questions, -tia...
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

still no suggestions, eh ?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:22 pm
WBB

what is the question?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:36 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have decided to visit Oziland and to apply for Turist visa. I need some advices in order to avoid visa refuse.

For how long is possible for me to stay in A. ? I would like to stay at least six weeks ! This is long trip to A. and it is not worth going for week or two neuther it is enough to see all. Is it clever to apply for 6 weeks and is there some rules about length of stay.

Second thing is plane ticket. I am not connected to any date so I will wait to get the best offer. Is there any thchnique in finding such a price for exaple 800euros return ticket ?

In paper for application they ask one: is it likely that you will during your stay visit NZ, Papua, Fiji... if yes please enclose trip plan. I thought, well that could be good opportunity to may be visit NZ. I phoned the embassy for clarification but thay,ve told me that it is highly unlikely that I will get multi visa ! How comes that ?

If I try to visit NZ then I will have to get back to Sydney in order to return to Europe but how when I do not visa for new enter in A. ! Should I travel to A. with one way ticket. amd then with one way, say Sydney-Auckland and than with one way NZ-England !!! Not only that it would be very expensive but my entering A. and NZ. border could be questioned since I am entering with one way ticket !!!

Point is that staff in A. Emb. told me something like - well we can`t help you filling the papers - just be honest and we`ll see what to do !

I must say that sounded like sort of humiliation. Imagine, you want to pay visit to A. to spent money there to admire culture and they behave confrontating to you. Neither they want to giude you through process !

Two things are not clear to me. Suppose they think I would use my tourist enter to stay indefinitely in A. Boy that would be stupid thing to do ! After my visa expiry I would be hunted with no chance to work, to get papers, marry (i am married but still nevermind). Plus A. is an island, where would I go for Christ !

Realy is ther idiots that would do this ?

I will appreciate some comments on my questions, -tia...
If you want to visit do not show any immigration intent. You can be refused entry if they suspect you are not planning on going home. Carrying a resume is cause enough for some nations to reject your request for entry at the immigration port of entry.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:14 pm
dazuk

Default Re: Should I visit OZ first ?

I have already stated that I would like to try to migrate with my girlfriend, future wife - I hope, to Oziland.

But first I must somehow get to know if this country fits me at all. Do you think that it is good idea to visit Oziland first. What I mean is:

I would like to go Australia, spent there couple of weeks and than on the spot see if it is cleaver idea to involve myself into complicated migration process.

Please be concret. Does Australian government has such a program. I am ready to invest up to 3000 E for short stay but unfortunatly have none to guarantee for me. Actualy, I do have some far relatives and long lost friends but I wouldn`t rely on them.

What do you suggest ? I would appreciate if you write me few advices. You can do it also on my private mail: [email protected] thanks in advance !
Yes go to "Oziland" to live without a visit first, you don't need to see it first hand. May I suggest you watch a lot of neighbours and home and away TV shows. These give an accurate evaluation of day to day aussie life in 2004, at least thats where all the poms that tell me I was mad to move back to the UK from Oziland seem to get their info from, so its a good basis for uprooting yourself to aus.

Aussies letting you come for 2 weeks to see if you like it then apply??? Sorry mate you have to pay and pay and get police checks and medicals ofyou, your neighbours and thier farkin pets arseholes first son.

Christ, dont posts like this make you wish PB were still here to roll around laughing at this crap?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:20 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

i apologise guys but this is like an ALI G sketch , again many apologies pmsl
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:23 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
i apologise guys but this is like an ALI G sketch , again many apologies pmsl

Boyakasha!

love boomie
xxxxxx

Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Boomie
Boyakasha!

love boomie
xxxxxx

fpmsl u nutta thats the CATCH PHRASE !!! lmffao < im roarin here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.