Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I tell him?

Should I tell him?

Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should I tell him?

Hi all,
My youngest son Jake started secondary school this week and he's not too impressed. Hes not sleeping very well and he's not eating much.

I know hes not being bullied he just doesnt like change.
Anyway his gerbil is proberbly not going to live till the weekend by the looks of it. Should i prepare him for it or just wait until its popped its clogs? :scared:

Hilary
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:55 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should I tell him?

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi all,
My youngest son Jake started secondary school this week and he's not too impressed. Hes not sleeping very well and he's not eating much.

Anyway his gerbil is proberbly not going to live till the weekend by the looks of it. Should i prepare him for it or just wait until its popped its clogs? :scared:

Hilary
Oh I would definitely tell him. Poor boy, it is very hard when they start secondary, there is sooo much for them to take in. Just try and be there for him and understand if he is grumpy, at this age they do not always now how to communicate. Bless him.

Big hugs to him... if he will let you
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:07 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hilary
Id tell him unless i could buy a replacement without him knowing!!

Good Luck hope he is ok!

Kris x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Oh I would definitely tell him. Poor boy, it is very hard when they start secondary, there is sooo much for them to take in. Just try and be there for him and understand if he is grumpy, at this age they do not always now how to communicate. Bless him.

Big hugs to him... if he will let you
Thanks Anne
Im just feeling sorry for him hes had a rough week!
Hilary
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Id tell him unless i could buy a replacement without him knowing!!

Good Luck hope he is ok!

Kris x
I did think of that but hed know coz his looks well Knackered!
Hilary
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:02 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Should I tell him?

I did think of that but hed know coz his looks well Knackered!
Hilary
Set up a sort of gerbil escape route leading to an open window.........actually make that a door!

"The Great Escape"

I have heard of this being done before, probably better than seeing him/her deteriorate I suppose.

My daughter just started Secondary school too but she seems to be having a good time...........at the moment. Not too happy with all the homework so I reassure her by saying its only for five more years!

R.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
Set up a sort of gerbil escape route leading to an open window.........actually make that a door!

"The Great Escape"

I have heard of this being done before, probably better than seeing him/her deteriorate I suppose.

My daughter just started Secondary school too but she seems to be having a good time...........at the moment. Not too happy with all the homework so I reassure her by saying its only for five more years!

R.
i have to agree.........na na na na nannaa na na nana na.....do you get the gist

the same happened with my two kids when they were younger, a dying rodent, kids distraught. just pretend the doors been left open and it escaped. failing that, you could always buy a replacement!! just a thought.where we used to live, our garden was like a pet cemetry, cats, dog, rabbits, numerous hamsters.....

Seriously though, sorry he's having a bad time, there's nothing worse than seeing your children hurting. i suppose they should witness death in whatever form and the feelings that come with it, part of growing up, and lets face it, it dosen't get any easier the older you get eh?!

i'll send you some karma through, see if that helps a little

all the best

debs x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Wait until he's eating then shout "All those that have a gerbil stand up!!"

Then say "Sit down Jake!!"

Sorry !!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well the gerbil is still hanging on and jake thinks its just had a busy day!
Thanks for the replies. Might just try the escape route out tomorrow! :scared:
Hilary

Steve thanks mate you gave me a good giggle
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

glad you said it first hilary!!!!

Sorry !!
[/color][/QUOTE]
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=debbiemc]glad you said it first hilary!!!!

pmsl it was funny
Returned the k Debbie
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

TVM, love your avatar hilary.....i have a problem finding one i like thats small enough!!!!!! oooh arrrrr mrs, that could be percieved as rude by some on her! , that took some spelling....the word beginning with P after 3 glasses of wine
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hilary

Hi Hilary

Secondary school is so different from junior - its almost bound to have some initial effect on him. Just hope it gets better - usually does. Has he got any of his mates from his previous school going there?

As for the gerbil - TELL HIM! Like someone else said, it is part of life - not being harsh - when I was about 9 or 10 our tortoise just vanished - I loved our tortoise and was very distraught about his sudden dissapearance!!
My parents said - he must have got out and walked away - omg that really got to me wondering were he had gone and how he was, went out and about looking for him for weeks! Years, and I mean years later, they actually confessed my dear Dad whilst doing the gardening, had put the FORK thru him, shell and all!!! I was gutted to think they had lied to me all those years!!! Would have been able to deal with the truth better So, think twice about letting him 'walk out the door' PLEASE As your son will be forever wondering where he might be and he is obviously a bit stressed out already!

Sorry, just felt, after reading your post, I had to share my story, it is still at the age i am now, quite hurtful to think about! Poor old tortoise!

Take care
Gillx
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl it was funny

---

I too could not resist laughing - it was funny
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
pmsl it was funny

---

I too could not resist laughing - it was funny
Thanks Gill,
The gerbil has popped its clogs
We slept in this morning so jake didnt get chance to notice that the poor thing was as stiff as a board!
Hilary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.