Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

should I move my family from the uk to Tassie - honesty appreciated.

should I move my family from the uk to Tassie - honesty appreciated.

Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

pompington34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should I move my family from the uk to Tassie - honesty appreciated.

Looking to move my family - wife teacher - primary, and two kids to Tasmania. it looks gorgeous and everything we've read sounds fab. How difficult is it to get in? We both teach - I am secondary PE teacher.
Need some advice about how to fo about it really - off to expos etc in next few weeks!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: should I move my family from the uk to Tassie - honesty appreciated.

Sorry that I can't help on Tas but just wanted to say welcome to BE & good luck
I am sure you will have plenty more replies

There is also a very long thread on here on tas started by ozzienurse.
You could also try the teacher forum for job specific info!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Mar 11th 2008 at 5:08 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: should I move my family from the uk to Tassie - honesty appreciated.

Originally Posted by pompington34
Looking to move my family - wife teacher - primary, and two kids to Tasmania. it looks gorgeous and everything we've read sounds fab. How difficult is it to get in? We both teach - I am secondary PE teacher.
Need some advice about how to fo about it really - off to expos etc in next few weeks!!
First question is are you both 4 year trained- i.e. 4 year BEd or 3 year degree plus PGCE. If not you won't be able to teach in Oz I'm afraid as they won't recognise you qualifiations. As with most places secondary teachers are much more in demand than primary.

Teaching Australia (google it) is a good place to start.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompington34
first thing to look at is www.immi.gov.au

also look at the "working abroad by profession/teaching" forum here on BE.

Last edited by ianandhelena; Mar 11th 2008 at 8:15 pm.