Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should i go 136 or 138 Visa

Should i go 136 or 138 Visa

Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:17 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should i go 136 or 138 Visa

I have gone through the TRA and have been assesed as a Plasterer (Passed)

I am in the process of submitting an application for the Skilled Independant (subclass 136 ) From the points side everything looks ok with 125 Points

I also have family in Aus who are willing to sponsor me if need be which would then put me on track for applying for the Australian Sponsored (Subclass 138)

So, heres my conern! I have 60 points for my assesed trade which is on the MODL which i believe is reviewed every 6 months. If this were to change when my application was submitted would this put me at risk of not having enough points for the 136 visa which would obviously (as far as i see) result in my application being Unsuccessful.

Can anyone throw in some opinions/comments here on where i would stand or what i should do before i shove it in the post
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should i go 136 or 138 Visa

Your points are assessed as of the day your application is received by DIMA, not the day your visa is issued. If you were to apply today and they change the SOL next month, you are still assessed at 60 points. Both visa subclasses are currently processed at about the same timeline, too.
I answered this same question on another forum. If you are able to get your visa independantly without a sponsor, then why would you go to the hassle of having someone sponsor you? They would have to put up an assurance that should you run into financial difficulty they would be responsible for you. If you apply independently and run into trouble, you could always ask her for help, but she would not be committed by a contract with the government.
Just my opinion, but in the long run why complicate things?
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:28 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should i go 136 or 138 Visa

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
I have gone through the TRA and have been assesed as a Plasterer (Passed)

I am in the process of submitting an application for the Skilled Independant (subclass 136 ) From the points side everything looks ok with 125 Points

I also have family in Aus who are willing to sponsor me if need be which would then put me on track for applying for the Australian Sponsored (Subclass 138)

So, heres my conern! I have 60 points for my assesed trade which is on the MODL which i believe is reviewed every 6 months. If this were to change when my application was submitted would this put me at risk of not having enough points for the 136 visa which would obviously (as far as i see) result in my application being Unsuccessful.

Can anyone throw in some opinions/comments here on where i would stand or what i should do before i shove it in the post

Hi

When you put in an application they take your points from your application date, they don't change the points even if you lose points through age.

So I think (personally) that you would be better to go for the 136 visa, just because they are moving quicker than 138. We applied for 138 mid September and we are still waiting for a Case Officer!

Shirley x