Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I call my Case Officer?

Should I call my Case Officer?

Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice
Question Should I call my Case Officer?

Hi,

we were supposed to have our desicion on the visa by the 22nd June but then got contacted by the LCU as the panel doctor forgot to sign one of our medical forms so held us up (especially as he was on holiday when we sent it to him to re-sign).

Anyway the paperwork should have been back with LCU over a week ago. Should I chase the case officer to see if a decision has been made or wait? It is driving me crazy as we did have a date and now I don't know if it has been put at the bottom of the pile or not. I don't want to piss the case officer off but am desperate to know.

What would you guys do?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I call my Case Officer?

Drop them a mail just asking, nicely, if your paper work arrived safely.

they will probably reply saying, hopefully, expect a letter/mail very soon.

edit : you wont go to the bottom of the pile

Last edited by seang; Jun 27th 2006 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sun n Surf
Hi,

we were supposed to have our desicion on the visa by the 22nd June but then got contacted by the LCU as the panel doctor forgot to sign one of our medical forms so held us up (especially as he was on holiday when we sent it to him to re-sign).

Anyway the paperwork should have been back with LCU over a week ago. Should I chase the case officer to see if a decision has been made or wait? It is driving me crazy as we did have a date and now I don't know if it has been put at the bottom of the pile or not. I don't want to piss the case officer off but am desperate to know.

What would you guys do?
ditto to the above, I am a real pest when I need to know something, especially if you are worried, no harm done sending a nice friendly email, my "sent items" are full of them

good luck
J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Thanks guys think I will just go ahead and send a really nice e-mail. I was just a bit hesitant as it says not to contact the C.O. unless in emergency but I know loads of people do and they always seem to get a nice response back.

Here's hoping I will be posting on here with some good news soon
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys think I will just go ahead and send a really nice e-mail. I was just a bit hesitant as it says not to contact the C.O. unless in emergency but I know loads of people do and they always seem to get a nice response back.

I am sure they will be fine, I think they just dont want to be bombarded all the time.

Good luck hope you hear soon...
J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Drop them a mail just asking, nicely, if your paper work arrived safely.

they will probably reply saying, hopefully, expect a letter/mail very soon.

edit : you wont go to the bottom of the pile

Just don't copy in the CO's manager on the email (if you have the manager's email).

I hate it when people do this at work.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Just don't copy in the CO's manager on the email (if you have the manager's email).

I hate it when people do this at work.
no worries, don't have the manager's e-mail address and wouldn't do it in case he/she said not to reply and promptly filed us application at the bottom of the pile.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

fadgefieldclose is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Sun n Surf]Hi,

we were in a similar situation.had meds done a month ago and heard nowt.
got fed up and e mailed our case officer. she replied next day and couldn,t have been nicer, told us she hadn,t had our meds.
when we checked up they were still on an office desk in the local private hospital ! great !
they,ve sent them now by courier so should be there this week so yes, get onto them !
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hya

we are in the same boat. Our case officer sent us a letter saying everything had been recieved and should have a decision by the end of June early July.

This was at the beginning of June. The waiting is killing me. :scared:

Especially since we are planning on leaving at the end of July. :scared:

If we havent recieved ours by the 10th of July then I am going to ask the agent to get in touch.

Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:21 am
Just Joined

worplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to all

We were in a similar situation and pondering the same dilemma as we knew they had all the paperwork. About 6 weeks had gone by so I plucked up the courage to email the CO. Got an e-mail back the next day with our approval! Makes you wonder if it was sitting in a pile. The CO's are really busy though but a friendly email will do no harm.

Good Luck.