Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I book flights now

Should I book flights now

Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Should I book flights now

We have a sale on the houseand are going through the contract process now as we speak, the problem is that the longer it takes to exchange the longer it will be before we can book flights and be out of here.

The question is can I, or should I, book the flights now in readyness or is that tempting fate.

Who has and who wouldn't
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I book flights now

We are hoping to exchange before christmas and the minute we do we will book our flights. I know how it feels to want to book them and have dates set in place and all the arrangements but we are holding fire as we lost our buyer the first time round and we don't want any more stress than we already have
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
DMH
Forum Regular

DMH is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our visas accepted on Wed 17th Oct.
We had an offer on the house (that we accepted), on Fri 19th Oct.
We booked our flights on Sat 20th Oct (leave on 29/12)

It's still a few weeks from going through but even if it all falls through, we'll manage in Oz just renting.

They say fortune favours the bold
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

I've never been faint hearted but this is a huge thing to be getting wrong, I got it wrong last time and ended up back in the UK
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:21 pm
DMH
Forum Regular

DMH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom
I've never been faint hearted but this is a huge thing to be getting wrong, I got it wrong last time and ended up back in the UK
Depends on what situation you are in. If you have enough money/job lined up so that you can go to Oz and live without the cash from your house, then in reality you are OK and can book now, safe in the knowledge that if the house sale falls through, you can still go and just sell it while you are there.

On the other hand, many people would prefer to be here (UK) while it sels, and not have to move to the other side of the world with the stress of a house sale in the UK still hanging over them.

There's not much any of us can say really is there. It's your call.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DMH
Depends on what situation you are in. If you have enough money/job lined up so that you can go to Oz and live without the cash from your house, then in reality you are OK and can book now, safe in the knowledge that if the house sale falls through, you can still go and just sell it while you are there.

On the other hand, many people would prefer to be here (UK) while it sels, and not have to move to the other side of the world with the stress of a house sale in the UK still hanging over them.

There's not much any of us can say really is there. It's your call.
I wouldn't leave until the contracts are exchanged, its just we would like to be out there ready to put our boy into school at the start of the year but the way things are going then when we do exchange then we wont be able to get flights until alot later.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:02 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

We have a sale on the houseand are going through the contract process now as we speak, the problem is that the longer it takes to exchange the longer it will be before we can book flights and be out of here.

The question is can I, or should I, book the flights now in readyness or is that tempting fate.

Who has and who wouldn't
We booked flights ......two days later the house sale fell through :curse:
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Issie
We booked flights ......two days later the house sale fell through :curse:
You might just have convinced me
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:14 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

You might just have convinced me
Seriousley i would wait mate..........2 dyas later and we ****ed up big time. Still havent got a buyer and we fly in 8 weeks
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Issie
Seriousley i would wait mate..........2 dyas later and we ****ed up big time. Still havent got a buyer and we fly in 8 weeks
Also ....this was a genuine sale.....had survey done and land searchers, and solicitors on hand.......just waiting to exchange :curse:
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

I will wait, thanks for that but I sure am getting itchy feet again.