Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

should it do this?? & serious education Q

should it do this?? & serious education Q

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default should it do this?? & serious education Q

hi folks
since adding a couple of you to my msn messenger thingy every time one of you comes online I get a little box pinging up say 'xxxx has just signed in'. Having only 2 people on my messenger means It doesnt happen too often, but should it do that anyway??
Was going to email one of the lovley peeps I have chatted with a couple of times (you know who you are) but didnt want to bother him again.....didnt want him to think I was taking advantage of him!!

sue

ps do have a serious question too - I am in the process of signing up for a distance learning course on computers - ECDL for anyone who may know it and can advise me if its a good course? - Do colleges in Aus offer similar? I know there has been a big media thing here in the uk on this sort of thing - learndirect etc - just wondered?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:56 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Yes, it should pop up!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: should it do this?? & serious education Q

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
I am in the process of signing up for a distance learning course on computers - ECDL for anyone who may know it and can advise me if its a good course? - Do colleges in Aus offer similar?
Yes, lots of distance education courses over here, Armidale & Toowoomba are 2 Unis that spring to mind that do a large amount.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a link or 3

Armidale Uni

University of Southern Queensland

Open Learning Australia
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for those mrs d!!
I quite enjoy being able to study when/as much as I want, so that should keep me quiet for a bit!!

sue

ps pollster - is there any way I can stop the thingy popping up!!??
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
thanks for those mrs d!!
I quite enjoy being able to study when/as much as I want, so that should keep me quiet for a bit!!

sue

ps pollster - is there any way I can stop the thingy popping up!!??
Don't excite him
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

jscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue

ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) is a good course as it is recognised all over the world. I think they call it the ICDL outside Europe - I standing for International.

If you already have a bit of computer knowledge (which you obviously have to be able to connect to the internet) then you should find it no problem. I used to teach it and believe me some of the students struggled remembering how to switch the computer on.....

J
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:41 pm

Originally posted by jscott
Hi Sue

ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) is a good course as it is recognised all over the world. I think they call it the ICDL outside Europe - I standing for International.

If you already have a bit of computer knowledge (which you obviously have to be able to connect to the internet) then you should find it no problem. I used to teach it and believe me some of the students struggled remembering how to switch the computer on.....

J

hi J
thanks for that

sue