Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shortage of rental properties Brisbane

Shortage of rental properties Brisbane

Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shortage of rental properties Brisbane

My daily searches on realestate.com and domain.com are throwing up a lot less houses than a month ago, anyone got any experience on the ground of how hard it is to get a rental property in Brisbane at the moment?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice
Default Re: Shortage of rental properties Brisbane

Originally Posted by bingobob777
My daily searches on realestate.com and domain.com are throwing up a lot less houses than a month ago, anyone got any experience on the ground of how hard it is to get a rental property in Brisbane at the moment?
If I look at those websites one more time, I am going to scream!

Are you in Brisbane right now? What suburb are you moving too?
In the North Lakes area they are offering 2 weeks free on a lot of properties.

We just secured one in Hamilton via telephone. (because the lady thought I sounded nice) I am going to fly down this weekend and look at a few more before I sign the paperwork and pass on my payment.

We find there was not a lot of choice. (obvious due to circumstance) However those with rentals are keen to fill them.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backdoor
If I look at those websites one more time, I am going to scream!
Are you in Brisbane right now? What suburb are you moving too?
In the North Lakes area they are offering 2 weeks free on a lot of properties.

We just secured one in Hamilton via telephone. (because the lady thought I sounded nice) I am going to fly down this weekend and look at a few more before I sign the paperwork and pass on my payment.

We find there was not a lot of choice. (obvious due to circumstance) However those with rentals are keen to fill them.
Tell me about it

Leaving Uk in 4 weeks with relocation agent waiting to meet me at the other side. Trying to line up 6-8 shortlisted properties that she can arrange viewings etc for, not nailed down suburb yet, currently at any of 5-6 inner suburbs with the Manly joker thrown in, or the Pacific Pines double joker according to the missus. Just worried that what was 10-12 appearing through my searches before Xmas is now down to 1 or 2 a day.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by man1atoo
Home is where the heart is...
cryptic but useless
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Christmas is quiet for real estate agents, I think January is pretty quiet too. Although I've heard from people in the industry that this week has been busier than the whole month typically is with submissions of properties new to (sale) market. Not necessarily due to the floods but rather people feeling that they've done nothing for two weeks. Maybe holidays have been cancelled too.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
cryptic but useless
Don't worry, he's left the building
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:00 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Lots of unit blocks in West End are still uninhabitable post-floods.

That means lots of tennants were kicked out and have taken up slack elsewhere.

It also means that in a couple of weeks when these places get their power sorted out there may well be a vast number of units all looking for tennants!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 2:06 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Try a bit further south? There used to be quite a few at places like Pacific Pines and Coomera.

I just got 782 for those two areas

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/in...209%3b+/list-1