Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shortage of paramedics?

Shortage of paramedics?

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Shortage of paramedics?

I currently work as a nurse in Accident and emergency, it was to late to get on the degree course for paramedic this year and we are emmigrating in Oct 08 to Cairns. I no QLD is recruiting trainee paramedics at the moment. I would like to no if they recruit regularly and if this is a profession where there are plenty of jobs and training opportunities.

There has been quite a few threads on uk paramedics moving to Aus but if any of you are over there i would appreciate your advice!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Shortage of paramedics?

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
I currently work as a nurse in Accident and emergency, it was to late to get on the degree course for paramedic this year and we are emmigrating in Oct 08 to Cairns. I no QLD is recruiting trainee paramedics at the moment. I would like to no if they recruit regularly and if this is a profession where there are plenty of jobs and training opportunities.

There has been quite a few threads on uk paramedics moving to Aus but if any of you are over there i would appreciate your advice!
Hey there, I'm off to QLD as a paramedic very soon from the UK. Not there yet so not sure totally about recruiting trainee paras but from the staff shortages etc we here about I would suggest they will be recruiting regularly. Check out QAS website just follow the link http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/recr...ry_student.asp
Their website says their recruiting student paras now as you say
or try posting your question in the QAS thread, there's quite a few paras on there already working for QAS