Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Term Rentals Perth

Short Term Rentals Perth

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about
Default Short Term Rentals Perth

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good website for short term rentals in Perth? We have a dog as well so we need to get somewhere that will take the mutt.

Cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:38 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Short Term Rentals Perth

This may help...

http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/wa/perth

Any of these locations useful ?

Ocean Villas- Fully furnished rental property, Scarborough, WA, 6019
Litchfield - Carramar, WA, Fully furnished rental property,
Rockingham - WA, Fully furnished rental apartment.
Villa Vista, Tapping - 4 bed house, sleeps 7 (Owners from UK)
Tequila Sunrise, Clarkson - 3 bed house, sleeps 6 (run by ex migrants)
Kwaba Maya Country Retreat - Gidgegannup, Perth WA 6083 - Short-term serviced apartment accommodation
Perth Furnished Rentals - Fully furnished rental property, at Glendalough, Perth, WA,

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to suggest looking at stayz.com.au as well, although I couldn't find some of those properties when I looked at the link. You might be able to get a reduction on those nightly prices as you want a longer stay.

I would avoid staying in Perth City, Perth Hills and other locations that are too far out, unless you already know which part of Perth you want to settle in. You would spend too much time travelling back and forwards and if there's a problem with your dog, it could take you a while to get back to it. Perhaps have a look at those pet-friendly places and let us know which takes your fancy and we could give you more info about specific locations.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I was going to suggest looking at stayz.com.au as well, although I couldn't find some of those properties when I looked at the link.
Need to do a Google search for those others.

Old Jul 24th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I was going to suggest looking at stayz.com.au as well, although I couldn't find some of those properties when I looked at the link. You might be able to get a reduction on those nightly prices as you want a longer stay.

I would avoid staying in Perth City, Perth Hills and other locations that are too far out, unless you already know which part of Perth you want to settle in. You would spend too much time travelling back and forwards and if there's a problem with your dog, it could take you a while to get back to it. Perhaps have a look at those pet-friendly places and let us know which takes your fancy and we could give you more info about specific locations.
Thanks for the info. I had a look and there seems to be some nice pet friendly places.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Thanks for the info. I had a look and there seems to be some nice pet friendly places.
It's not going to matter anyway since your dog will be in quarantine when you arrive. Hopefully you would have your long-term rental by the time he gets out.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:49 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

Mr Kilt, what areas of Perth are you looking at? Will you be working when you come over, or looking for work? I ask because Perth is pretty spread out, and depending on things like work etc will depend on where you're looking at renting.

Dorothy, how long are animals usually in quarantine for? Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genevieve
Mr Kilt, what areas of Perth are you looking at? Will you be working when you come over, or looking for work? I ask because Perth is pretty spread out, and depending on things like work etc will depend on where you're looking at renting.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs
Old Jul 25th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genevieve

We were thinking of rockingham or secret harbour or in that area. I have a job lined up and will be working at a number of different clients offices throughout perth so commute will be all over the place. My work are going to put us up in the short term so hopfully have a place for the first week or two then we will need to fnd somewhere. The dog will spend the first 30 days in doggy jail then we get him
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

We spent a weekend at Golden Bay, just south of Secret Harbour, in one of the stayz.com.au places. Just down the road was a dog beach and the Dog Beach Deli, run by a couple of UK retirees. Very quiet location, it made Secret Harbour look busy.

If you were going to work in the Rockingham area, or those southern-most suburbs, it would be a good location, but a very long drive to go north of the river or CBD, if you also had to go there.

Are you able to give us some other suburbs you will have to visit for work?