Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Term rental - How long ?

Short Term rental - How long ?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road
Default Short Term rental - How long ?

A question for those of you that have already moved to Perth. We are trying to organise a short term rental at the moment from the Uk, and then find something longer term once we are over there. How long did you rent for initially ? Is it feasible to rent something for a month and then find a longer term rental within that time ? Or should we be looking at 2 months plus ?

Any advice welcomed - thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Short Term rental - How long ?

We will be moving over in August and are planning on renting a short term for 4 weeks. I have heard of people who only rented for 2 - 3 weeks and all had to move into hotel/backpackers whilst waiting to move into longer term rental. So I think 4-6 weeks is a good amount of time. It also depends how much money you can afford to spend on the short rental as they tend to be holiday accomodation and so more expensive then the long term rentals if you know what i mean. Be good to hear from people who have already done it!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:32 pm
ABCDiamond

I recall someone who booked a 3 month rental, but had to leave it early after they 'bought' a house within 6 weeks.

It can vary so much.

There is a furnished rental place near us that do 3 month furnished rentals for not much more than many pay for unfurnished.

Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

We had a furnished rental for 3 weeks and then found our rental we are now in. We were cutting it a little bit tight but that was only because we changed our minds on which area we wanted to live in and then had to hurry up and find a rental quickly.

It all depends on if you know roughly where you want to settle, we had been here many years before and new we wanted to live NOR.

We know a few people that have had furnished rentals for much longer, some for 4 months, it is all well and good doing that if you can afford it but then you still have to go and find a rental in the long term and you can still only do it a few weeks in advance as the houses are not advertised months in advance of when they are available from.

Keep looking on www.realestate.com.au and see what is available in the areas you like ready for when you get here.

Sarah