Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term rental Brisbane

Short term rental Brisbane

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term rental Brisbane

Hi we have decided to go to Brisbane, hopefully flying on August 17th with Etihad Airways from Dublin, does anyone on here know of any cheap short term rental accommodation. We are a family of four, two boys 4 and 7, we would like to find a more permanent rental around Ferny Gove area, so we require something for say one or two weeks. Another problem is transport, would need a car asap, are rentals expensive? Also i am a Carpenter so if anybody can help with a job or contacts it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Short term rental Brisbane

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Hi we have decided to go to Brisbane, hopefully flying on August 17th with Etihad Airways from Dublin, does anyone on here know of any cheap short term rental accommodation. We are a family of four, two boys 4 and 7, we would like to find a more permanent rental around Ferny Gove area, so we require something for say one or two weeks. Another problem is transport, would need a car asap, are rentals expensive? Also i am a Carpenter so if anybody can help with a job or contacts it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Al
Hi Al & Jacque. Try holidaylettings.co.uk. I've used them for Spain a few times & found it to be pretty straightforward. Will be using them for a reccie to Brisbane next year when we actually decide on a date to go
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Al
Stayz.com.au are a good place to look - they have all sorts for all budgets...... We stayed at a house in Kenmore and it was fantastic.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Al
Hi Al

As someone has mentioned Stayz, is a great place to look for places to stay. Also look at Takeabreak.

We often have guests from the UK staying at our rental - either for a couple of weeks whilst on a reccie or for up to about 6 or 7 weeks when they first move over. If you click on my signature that takes you to the website.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:58 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Al
Why Ferny Grove?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has a cousin who lived in keperra and told us that Ferny Grove was a lovely subburb and that they have a great primary school. When we arrive we will have to judge for ourselves, but at the minute it's a starting point. If you could advise us of somewhere with a good primary school and that is family orientated and rentals not too expensive it would give us some more options to look at. Really just looking somewhere where the boys will get a good education and will be safe for them to go out and run about and play when they come home from school with other kids.

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has a cousin who lived in keperra and told us that Ferny Grove was a lovely subburb and that they have a great primary school. When we arrive we will have to judge for ourselves, but at the minute it's a starting point. If you could advise us of somewhere with a good primary school and that is family orientated and rentals not too expensive it would give us some more options to look at. Really just looking somewhere where the boys will get a good education and will be safe for them to go out and run about and play when they come home from school with other kids.

Thanks
Al
Ferny Grove certainly seems to fit the description of the sort of place you would like to live. There are other areas which could too. The only real disadvantage to Ferny Grove is that it is inland, so the temperature in the summer is HOT and you don't get the cool breezes off the water.

Also have a look at the Bayside area south east of Brisbane. Suburbs like Redland Bay, Victoria Point, Thornlands, Cleveland, Ormiston and Wellington Point all could fit your needs as well.

Hope that helps

Love

Rudi
x

PS I am sure others will have some more suggestions - there are so many nice areas!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
...The only real disadvantage to Ferny Grove is that it is inland, so the temperature in the summer is HOT and you don't get the cool breezes off the water....
Not sure this pertains to Ferny Grove Rudi?

Ferny Grove is only 8km further inland then Brisbane City so I don't think the temperature would be much different to the rest of Brisbane.

I believe you have to go inland out to Ipswich before it makes a significant difference to temperature. Sure you won't get the sea breeze direct off the water but the more hilly location means you might actually get more breeze than the flat areas nearer the water if you have a hillside house.

Not that this changes your other point that the Bayside is worth a look
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fish.01
Not sure this pertains to Ferny Grove Rudi?

Ferny Grove is only 8km further inland then Brisbane City so I don't think the temperature would be much different to the rest of Brisbane.

I believe you have to go inland out to Ipswich before it makes a significant difference to temperature. Sure you won't get the sea breeze direct off the water but the more hilly location means you might actually get more breeze than the flat areas nearer the water if you have a hillside house.

Not that this changes your other point that the Bayside is worth a look
Thanks Fish! I didn't realise it was that close to the city - I remember driving for AGES when I went there LOL, so it seemed like it was WAAAAAY inland.....I must have been in a daze when I drove there

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Abuzz homestay on the stayz website is a nice house in Thornlands which is the Baysidae suburbs area.

Nice quiet place beside a park which would be a perfect place to start out. I had a short stay there when I arrived and it was ideal, close to big shops, the city etc.

Good Luck.