Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

short term lets after house sale

short term lets after house sale

Old May 2nd 2006, 7:00 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default short term lets after house sale

I have been looking at short tems lets so I know what is out there and what sort of price to expect to pay. Problem is there dosen't seem to be much outside of the city centre. (live outside of city) Have people in BE found it hard to find short term lets after selling their house? I need to be fairly close to where I am now because of my son's school. Any hints or tips would be helpful. A caravan dosent really sound tempting and I am staring to consider whether or not I need to reconider when I was planning to leave if I cant find available short term let.
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:13 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: short term lets after house sale

Originally Posted by killamarsh
I have been looking at short tems lets so I know what is out there and what sort of price to expect to pay. Problem is there dosen't seem to be much outside of the city centre. (live outside of city) Have people in BE found it hard to find short term lets after selling their house? I need to be fairly close to where I am now because of my son's school. Any hints or tips would be helpful. A caravan dosent really sound tempting and I am staring to consider whether or not I need to reconider when I was planning to leave if I cant find available short term let.
You'll be in a better position once you've sold your house. Then, any landlord who's had his rental sitting empty will be happy to accept, say, 3 months rent in advance. That assumes that there are plenty of rental properties in your area to start with. We had no problem.

Jane