Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term holiday rentals in Bayside Brisbane

Short term holiday rentals in Bayside Brisbane

Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

MrPJB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term holiday rentals in Bayside Brisbane

2 yrs(!!) ago we got our PR visa's, house was on the market (exchange rate was way up) and all looking set to go. 2 yrs on, we are still in the UK after a number of bum house sale failures but now we've sold and ready to go!

So now the scary bit, we are in the market for a short-term rental in the Bayside (Wellington Point etc) area around August time. Can anybody recommend anywhere? Me and my wife with three kids (4,6,9) and also my father-in-law who's coming for a few weeks to see us off :-)

Probably looking for 3-4 months!

Can anybody help :-)

Thnx!!

Paul
Old Jun 8th 2009, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term holiday rentals in Bayside Brisbane

Holiday/furnished rentals are rare in the Bayside area. If you do a search on holiday rental on www.realestate.com.au, you'll find a few 3+ bedroom properties in Cleveland and Ormiston for 700-1000/week. Decent unfurnished rentals usually start from $350/week for 3+ bedrooms and you get much larger seleciton of properties and areas. You're better off getting a fully furnished apartment near the city (use www.seqrents.com.au) on arrival for a few weeks while looking for a short to medium term unfurnished rental in one of the Bayside suburbs. The money you save can probably buy you all the basics to fill the house from ebay, gumtree, SuperAmart and Ikea.

A few posters on this forum have furnished accommodations in Cleveland and Thornlands area, do a search on this forum and perhaps get in touch with them for suitabilty, price and availability.

Good luck.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrPJB
2 yrs(!!) ago we got our PR visa's, house was on the market (exchange rate was way up) and all looking set to go. 2 yrs on, we are still in the UK after a number of bum house sale failures but now we've sold and ready to go!

So now the scary bit, we are in the market for a short-term rental in the Bayside (Wellington Point etc) area around August time. Can anybody recommend anywhere? Me and my wife with three kids (4,6,9) and also my father-in-law who's coming for a few weeks to see us off :-)

Probably looking for 3-4 months!

Can anybody help :-)

Thnx!!

Paul

Hi Paul

If you click on the link below my signature it will take you to a holiday rental in Redland Bay which is in the Bayside. If you are looking at staying for 3-4 months the rates can be negotiated. For that length of time it would be possible for you to take over payment of the electricity and the rental rate could be adjusted down. Drop me an email or fill in the enquiry form if you are interested and we can discuss the rate then.

Good luck with the move.

Rudi
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Brisbane South East - Furnished rental property
Thornlands, QLD 4164 www.auspitality.com.au
Thornlands, QLD 4164 www.abuzzhomestay.com.au
Cleveland, QLD 4163 Cleveland Terrace Resort, 52 Island Street, Cleveland, QLD 4163
Redland Bay, QLD 4165 www.redlandsretreat.webs.com
Coochiemudlo Island, QLD 4184 www.quirkycottages.com
Wynnum, QLD, 4178 www.wynnummanlyhideaway.com.au
Wynnum, QLD 4178 Cedar Lookout
Wynnum, QLD 4178 Pine Cottage

Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

MrPJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!! It's all moving so fast now!! Notice handed in, flying out the first week in August! Looks like we'll be in the Cleveland/Ormiston area to start with and I'll be sampling the local train service to the CBD on a regular basis. Very nervous, but don't have much time to sit and think too much about :-)

Kids quite excited and my wife is really looking forward to it. Hoping to enroll the kids into school asap and get some routine back.. eep!

Fingers crossed!!

...and then the house hunting begins.. <sigh>

Paul
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrPJB
Thanks everyone!! It's all moving so fast now!! Notice handed in, flying out the first week in August! Looks like we'll be in the Cleveland/Ormiston area to start with and I'll be sampling the local train service to the CBD on a regular basis. Very nervous, but don't have much time to sit and think too much about :-)

Kids quite excited and my wife is really looking forward to it. Hoping to enroll the kids into school asap and get some routine back.. eep!

Fingers crossed!!

...and then the house hunting begins.. <sigh>

Paul
Hi Paul

that's great, you guys must be very excited!! If you have any questions about schools or anything else please ask. We started off in Ormiston for 6 months before we bought in Thornlands. Hubby did the train thing - although it's quite a slow journey into the city, he enjoyed relaxing and catching up on reading books etc.

Let me know when you are arriving and we can arrange to meet up if you want.

Rudi
x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:39 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Paul

that's great, you guys must be very excited!! If you have any questions about schools or anything else please ask. We started off in Ormiston for 6 months before we bought in Thornlands. Hubby did the train thing - although it's quite a slow journey into the city, he enjoyed relaxing and catching up on reading books etc.

Let me know when you are arriving and we can arrange to meet up if you want.

Rudi
x
erm when do we get to meet up ?????

lesley x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snow-white
erm when do we get to meet up ?????

lesley x
OOOO I'm scared to meet you!!!! You think I am this funny witty person and I'm really just a boring housewife who spends too much time on the Poms!!!! You might hate me and not talk to me online anymore!!!! AND now Pauls wife won't want to be my friend either cos I have just admitted to being a boring housewife!!!!

Did you ready on the "last post" what "fun" I had last night :-(

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:00 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
OOOO I'm scared to meet you!!!! You think I am this funny witty person and I'm really just a boring housewife who spends too much time on the Poms!!!! You might hate me and not talk to me online anymore!!!! AND now Pauls wife won't want to be my friend either cos I have just admitted to being a boring housewife!!!!

Did you ready on the "last post" what "fun" I had last night :-(

Love

Rudi
x
lol your mad as a hatter!!! and therefore cannot possibly be a boring housewife anyway housewives dont get bored they dont have the time lol
someones coming to look at my cr tomorrow hope it sells i want to move on and get a nice new one and get rid of hubbys new ute that he doesnt need anymore .
havent read last post will take a look
lesley x