Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term accomodation brisbane

Short term accomodation brisbane

Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:26 pm
Prepare yourself Brisbane

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough
Default Short term accomodation brisbane

Hi all

its 38 days until our big move to oz.

We are looking for somewhere to stay when we first arrive until we can try and work out where we would be best renting in the long term for transport to work etc.

Does anyone know where to look for short term lets?

We are ideally looking to rent some place for a month with a top budget of $300 per week. Either a one bed place or studio would be good.

We can see plenty of rooms for rent on gumtree and might end up having to go for this if we can't find anything else.

any help would be great thanks. x
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accomodation brisbane

Contact forum member JAMFC - he has short term accommodation in Brisbane.

BB
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Thanks for that Buzzy--Bee, my place is probably bigger than the OP wants though.
BTW, I'm a 'she'!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave.McLeod
Hi all

We are looking for somewhere to stay when we first arrive until we can try and work out where we would be best renting in the long term for transport to work etc.

We are ideally looking to rent some place for a month with a top budget of $300 per week. Either a one bed place or studio would be good.

We can see plenty of rooms for rent on gumtree and might end up having to go for this if we can't find anything else.

Not saying it is impossible but whenever I have checked out short term lets out of curiosity they have never been close to $300 - even apartments. Your best bet might be to try a holiday place, maybe redcliffe, and go to a local real estate website. They often advertise local peoples holiday houses/apts for let fairly cheaply and usually by the week.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an example I found. Not flash but cheap for short term let: http://www.professionalsredcliffe.co...in_rental=true
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Hi all

With $300, you won't do much mate. The cheapest I had found back in January was $550 for a cabin in a caravan park. Eventually, we had stayed a couple of days in a motel but I had secured a long term before I came (quite risky to bee honest, but doable) so we moved in the house after a few days.

Well, there is another option too I'm renting a 3 bed house 3 kms from the city. My wife and daughter went back home so I am stuck here with a rental till November.

So I came up with the idea that maybe I can help someone settle down, came and stay with me until they find a place or maybe take over my lease if they like it (I'm planning to leave in September). I've also have 6 month old fridge, washing machine etc etc, still as new, they can stay here for a very cheap price

The bus takes 15 mins to the city (through the busway) so its quite convenient. I can also help with settling down whenever I can!

It will obviously depend on how many people they are and I'll have to trust them Don't know if it's practical or makes sense, I'm just considering the idea, thought it would suit some new comers!

For those interested, please send me a pm.

Cheers
B!K3R

Last edited by B1K3R; Jul 8th 2011 at 11:15 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:33 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

http://www.seqrents.com.au/ct/index.htm

Tariff: Fully furnished self contained residence From $710 per week

Mate, $300 bucks aweek, you will be lucky to get a cardboard box under a bridge for that, wait till you buy a beer, $300 bucks is a night out!

Stayed there, lubbly jubbly..................Keith.

Last edited by Keith Moon; Jul 8th 2011 at 11:36 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMFC
Thanks for that Buzzy--Bee, my place is probably bigger than the OP wants though.
BTW, I'm a 'she'!
Oops!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
http://www.seqrents.com.au/ct/index.htm

Tariff: Fully furnished self contained residence From $710 per week

Mate, $300 bucks aweek, you will be lucky to get a cardboard box under a bridge for that, wait till you buy a beer, $300 bucks is a night out!

Stayed there, lubbly jubbly..................Keith.
See post #5 ?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My husband stayed at a mobile village in Birkdale (Redlands area) after we had sold our house and he stayed behind to work. It was about 9 months ago now and at the time it worked out to $309 a week I think for the duration of his 2 month stay.

Here's the link for my older post with all the details:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=21

As the others have said $300 a week is fairly impossible, even for an area farther out like the Redlands. In the city is a lot more expensive, I looked into studios close to the city but it was cheaper to comment by train from Birkdale. The only thing that I anticipate being cheaper would be backpackers places or rooms for rent within someone's house or apartment.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

$300 is not going to get you anything decent at all!! Maybe a room in a bedsit type place?! At $300 a week you would struggle to find long term rental!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by B1K3R
With $300, you won't do much mate. The cheapest I had found back in January was $550 for a cabin in a caravan park. Eventually, we had stayed a couple of days in a motel but I had secured a long term before I came (quite risky to bee honest, but doable) so we moved in the house after a few days.

Well, there is another option too I'm renting a 3 bed house 3 kms from the city. My wife and daughter went back home so I am stuck here with a rental till November.

So I came up with the idea that maybe I can help someone settle down, came and stay with me until they find a place or maybe take over my lease if they like it (I'm planning to leave in September). I've also have 6 month old fridge, washing machine etc etc, still as new, they can stay here for a very cheap price

The bus takes 15 mins to the city (through the busway) so its quite convenient. I can also help with settling down whenever I can!

It will obviously depend on how many people they are and I'll have to trust them Don't know if it's practical or makes sense, I'm just considering the idea, thought it would suit some new comers!

For those interested, please send me a pm.

Cheers
B!K3R
Wanted to add that my lease is only $390 which is not bad for a 3 bedroom house with garage and large garden and 15 mins from the city! Obviously, nothing spectacular, but good enough and clean.

And the short stay will only cost $180 a week...and its furnished!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:52 pm
Prepare yourself Brisbane

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the advice people.

Eek didn't realise I was so off the ball on rental prices, not fun trying to make uk savings go far with rubbish conversion rate at moment.

Will maybe have to re-asses our finances...and get a job in brisbane ASAP

Have pm'd you B1K3R regarding room.

Thanks again Hayley

ps only 34 more days till we leave...getting very excited now!!!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Scubabe is an unknown quantity at this point

B1K3R, I'd love to PM you about your rental as well, but I need to get to 3 posts first before it will let me PM anyone
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Scubabe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually an Aussie myself, have been living in the UK for 7 years now, but it's time to go home, so I'm flying back to Bris in early September. Would love to know more about your house/flat and the area it's in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.