British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Short Stay Accommodation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/short-stay-accommodation-455053/)

kbdb Jun 1st 2007 6:34 pm

Short Stay Accommodation

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know of short term accommodation in North Perth area?

We're hoping to find somewhere (even if its only on a caravan site) to stay for 3/4 weeks til we get a 6 month rental sorted. Hoping to arrange Sept time.

Cheers,

:)

JOHN G BLOOM Jun 1st 2007 7:12 pm

Re: Short Stay Accommodation

http://www.big4.com.au/public/

Try this one for caravan parks

or

www.aswa.com.au

for holiday and relocation homes

We are off to perth 26.06.07 when are you going?

kbdb Jun 1st 2007 8:05 pm

Thanks John. We got our visas in March, sold house in April, was hoping to go Julyish when kids break up from school, but possibility of redundo from work, but won't find out til Aug, so holding on til then. Hoping to go Aug/Sept time though.

Whereabouts you planning on moving to? Have you been before? We're finding choosing a suburb to fix to the hardest. I know we'll move about but the kids being 8 and 4, don't want to mess them around changing schools.

Karen.

JOHN G BLOOM Jun 1st 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Karen

We are looking at Joondalup as my son has got a place in the Uni there. My brother lives out that way and he said Joondalup is a nice area. We are going in June so he can start in July which is there 2nd semester. There are also some high schools so my daughter will hopefully get in one of them. Not sure if thats where we will stay forever but for the meantime its close to everything and my family

Where in the uk are you?

Tricia

kbdb Jun 1st 2007 9:00 pm

Tricia

We're based wigan. You? We've been to joondalup, really liked it. our friends lived mindarie so quite close. joondalup got a good reputation from what i see/hear. when in june you going? are your plans on track or is it manic? i'm at the panic stage with just one big list in front of me that seems to get bigger not smaller, please tell me its gets easier the closer it gets! think i'll be better when we have a date set.

who you flying with? we've been with malaysia before so will prob use them again (went KLM last time and it was a bad experience, so we're going to stick with what we know). can't wait to book flights and start countdown to going!

Karen

JOHN G BLOOM Jun 2nd 2007 6:59 am

Hi Karen

I wish I could tell you it gets easier but it doesn't!! I went into shock I think when we booked our flights My husband was so happy but I just kept crying. Got over that though in a couple of days, and just started getting things sorted. I long for a day when I have nothing to do especially no paper work.
I still have days when I wonder if we are doing the right thing, but I think because I am giving up my home and taking my kids into the unknown. Although they like their dad are just excited by it all.

We are flying out with Emirates on the 26th of June from Gatwick as we are from Essex.

I have not flown with them before but heard good reports and if you have a migration visa and do not want a stopover they give you 40kgs luggage allowance each.

We are also taking our dog with us are you taking any pets?

Tricia

kbdb Jun 2nd 2007 7:45 pm

Tricia

26th June is going to come around SO quickly. We've no pets, but looking to get a yorkshire terrier (or silky as they're known there) as soon as we can depending on rentals and whether they'd allow it. kids been wanting one for ages but seemed silly to get so close to us leaving. Think it will help settle them though.

I know what you mean about paperwork. I start things but don't seem to finish, so much to research, decide on etc. So glad there's sites like these with To Do lists to double check against, helps make sure we don't miss anything.

Good luck with everything and hope to see you over there!

Karen

BlondieBonce. Jun 3rd 2007 8:27 am

Thanks karen

I will keep posting from the other side!

Hope your plans all run smoothly.

Tricia