Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Reccie trip to Perth - advice please..

Short Reccie trip to Perth - advice please..

Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short Reccie trip to Perth - advice please..

Hi all , i'm almost through the emmigration process with an visa expected around Xmas time . Me and my family are in the unfamiliar position of never seeing Oz , so as i work for an airline i've managed a short (3 days) trip to Perth for fact finding on my own. We are looking at either Perth or Melbourne as our final destination (we are all going to Melbourne next year on the visa validation trip).
As time is tight i'm after some advice to what to see and what kind of info a typical reccie trip may gather. I'd need the obvious type of info ie. rental property , house prices , schools , cars , good/bad suburbs . However being an Oz newbie i need to know the silly things like the price of bread , do bigmacs taste the same , how long does it take to burn my head....

Also , any suggestions for a hotel ?

Thanks for reading this and any suggestions are gratefully received ,

J

Last edited by mutang; Sep 26th 2005 at 8:11 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:42 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Short Reccie trip to Perth - advice please..

When we came over, we stayed in the Best Western in the centre of Perth, its a cracking little hotel, and pretty cheap too. As for an area, I prefer the northern suburbs, around Hillarys Kallaroo, Ocean Reef etc, why not give them a look, only 20 minutes north of Perth by car or train.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Short Reccie trip to Perth - advice please..

Hi there

the price of bread = similar

do bigmacs taste the same = i think they taste better, but dont be fooled by the "100% Australian Beef" label on the wrapper. I heard that that is the name of the company that makes the wrapper, and they arent actually 100% beef - clever eh!!

how long does it take to burn my head = seconds!!! so slip, slap, slop.

ENJOY

SS