Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Circuit Banger Racing

Short Circuit Banger Racing

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:19 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Short Circuit Banger Racing

Anyone know any Banger racing/stock car/hot rods/short circuit car racing meetings in Brisbane area (South).
Much like Arena Essex for those that know what I mean.
Searched the web but to no effect.
TIA

Andrew
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Circuit Banger Racing

Originally Posted by andrew63
Anyone know any Banger racing/stock car/hot rods/short circuit car racing meetings in Brisbane area (South).
TIA

Andrew
Drag Racing - near Ipswich -
http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/

And Banger racing - which is Speedway here - at Archerfield
http://www.brisbanespeedway.com.au/

Thats the only ones I know, but I'll get The Bloke on it later!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:07 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Drag Racing - near Ipswich -
http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/

And Banger racing - which is Speedway here - at Archerfield
http://www.brisbanespeedway.com.au/

Thats the only ones I know, but I'll get The Bloke on it later!
Thanks for the links.
Have you been to the Speedway with kids?
Which part of the Sppedway is bangers per se? Would it be Sprint cars?
I can wait for The Bloke to answer!

Andrew
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links.
Have you been to the Speedway with kids?
Which part of the Sppedway is bangers per se? Would it be Sprint cars?
I can wait for The Bloke to answer!

Andrew
He'll be along this evening!
Havent taken kids myself; we went to the drags earlier in the year and the place was packed with families, kids of all ages - its a very family orientated sport here.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:07 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

TIA

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Brisbane International Speedway (catchy new name for Archerfield Speedway), is located in Colebard St, Archerfield. It has Sprintcars, Supermodified Sedans, Modified Sedans, and "Bombers" old sedans that are usually the entry category. Very much like bangers. It also sometimes has bikes and demolition derby. It is basically the ususl circular dirt track in a depression with spectating areas on the banking. Haven't been for a long time myself, but I prefer normal circuit racing personally.

If it's short circuit your after try Ipswich West Moreton Auto Club on Champions Way, Willowbank, between the dragstrip and Queensland Raceway. They also have Autocross as well as short circuit racing on a dirt track.
Try www.iwmac.org.au for more info.

Queensland Raceway, at the end of Champions Way, has full circuit racing, drifting, sprints,burnout comps, motorkanas etc. Most of the racing is normally done over two the weekend, with the exception of the V8 Supercar and other national meetings over three days. Morgan Park Raceway at Warwick conducts similar programs with the exception of the V8's and nationals.

someother helpful sites that may interest you:

www.queensland-raceway.org.au

www.dairally.net/circuits/morgan.htm

www.qrda.asn.au

Depending what you like to watch or participate in, Brisbane and it surrounds
offer a wide variety of motorsports activity to us petrolheads.

Cheers.

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 23rd 2004 at 9:12 am.