Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shopping websites

Shopping websites

Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Shopping websites

Hi
Does anyone know of any Australian websites where I can look at stuff like beds, quilts, bedding and other household goods such and quilts, cutlery, dinner services and muffin tins

Someone posted a great link the other day but that was for electrical goods.

I am trying to decide whether or not to take some of the above items. I will not be shipping any furniture, and I would like to make some comparisons.

Thanks.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping websites

Some special stuff on this one Debs

http://www.purennatural.com/
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Hi
Does anyone know of any Australian websites where I can look at stuff like beds, quilts, bedding and other household goods such and quilts, cutlery, dinner services and muffin tins

Someone posted a great link the other day but that was for electrical goods.

I am trying to decide whether or not to take some of the above items. I will not be shipping any furniture, and I would like to make some comparisons.

Thanks.

Some of my fav's... Not all of them are cheap...but a wee bit of variety....

Oz does have Ikea as well...

http://www.freedom.com.au

http://www.ozdesignfurniture.com.au

For beds you have got places like Capt Snooze & Forty Winks...

www.webwombat.com has some good links for shopping

Hels
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
Some special stuff on this one Debs

http://www.purennatural.com/
Lovely website Bixxie, but I think it is in the U.S.
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely website Bixxie, but I think it is in the U.S.
Thanks
Damn and blast you are right.
Who put a yank site in my OZ favourites ?

Not content with just invading the world they are now sneaking into my pc

I have consigned it to the bin
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bix
Damn and blast you are right.
Who put a yank site in my OZ favourites ?

Not content with just invading the world they are now sneaking into my pc

I have consigned it to the bin
lol Bix.

Thanks Hels.

Where is Springwood in Brisbane - I will be based on the Gold Coast would it be viable for me to get my stuff from the Ikea there?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

lol Bix.

Thanks Hels.

Where is Springwood in Brisbane - I will be based on the Gold Coast would it be viable for me to get my stuff from the Ikea there?

Ahhhmmmm...from memory...Springwood is on the highway that leads to Brisbane from the GC.....on the right side of town for you....Should be do-able....

Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Now this one is Aus

http://www.airportrentacar.com.au/br...ssmarttrip.htm
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Hels
Ahhhmmmm...from memory...Springwood is on the highway that leads to Brisbane from the GC.....on the right side of town for you....Should be do-able....

Ohh that will be great
Thanks Hels
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by Bix
Now this one is Aus

http://www.airportrentacar.com.au/br...ssmarttrip.htm
Debs,
Just put in Gold Coast and Springwood QLD and it gives you the route
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Ohh that will be great
Thanks Hels

Anytime!!

Just found this site...might be helpful

http://www.coastshop.com.au/shopguid...t_shopping.htm
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs. One of my favourites is super A mart in Bundall on the Gold Coast. they've got some really nice stuff in there.

www.superamart.com.au
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by sassie
Hi Debs. One of my favourites is super A mart in Bundall on the Gold Coast. they've got some really nice stuff in there.

www.superamart.com.au
Thanks Bix - That will be useful when I rent a car

Sassie, I will have a look at that one as it will be nearer for me. Thanks. Sassie I cannot get onto that site - have you tried it?

Last edited by debsy; Jul 17th 2004 at 9:12 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Ohh that will be great
Thanks Hels

Oh, here is another place you can get little bits and pieces...Its cheap, but not a bad place for accessories and plants and other stuff....

http://www.kmart.com.au/default.htm

http://www.bigw.com.au/Pages/TOP_FRAME.ASP

I just LURRRVVVEEEEEEEE to shop!!!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Debs,

You can see IKEA from the Pacific Highway when you drive from Brisbane to the Gold Coast - just before Beenleigh. There's also an outlet shopping centre called Harbour Town near Biggera Waters (Gold Coast) which has a few houseware shops - Sheridan (same as you get in smart UK shops but cheaper), and the David Jones Warehouse (few small electricals there as well). Also china/glass/kitchenware/curtains and mattress shops! There are also clothes from designer through to $1 T-shirts.
It seems very popular - open 7days.

Lesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.