Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shopping - esp Perth

Shopping - esp Perth

Old Mar 7th 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shopping - esp Perth

I'm addicted to shopping - especially at Next.
Does anyone know if they have any stores in Oz - especially Perth ? Or do I need to stock up before I leave ?
Old Mar 7th 2004, 8:09 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Shopping - esp Perth

Hi,

No they don't have next in australia at all! I'm addicted too, you could always order through their website and get a friend to send it to you.
They have some nice individual shops in subiaco in Perth but the clothes shopping in general is a bit disappointing especially for suits which I buy from next.

Sorry!!
Old Mar 7th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well - it was a bit of a long shot ! At least there's an Ikea and Body Shop so two out of three isn't bad.

Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi

have some links for shops that I found ok for fashion in oz, you will soon get used to something else!!!

http://www.sussan.com.au/

http://www.witchery.com.au/default.asp

http://www.portmans.com.au/JP_Default.htm

also surfwear - quicksilver's women's range - Roxy, v good too, sorry don't know website - anyone!!! bought some great clothes when their last year, good quality too
Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

After a while you will forget all about Next etc , my mum bought me m&s underwear over , but i could have lived with out them .
Swifts right there are lots of shops to choose from all depends what you want . Surf brands are big here as in the UK Adidas . nike etc are big. Daughter loves everything with Roxy and billabong on right down to underwear, phone holder and all her school stuff Think alot shop at Target , Sussan has some nice stuff but roxy stuff is very nice and good quality like swift said.
Joanne
Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Jo Tell me about it My daughter was going crazy when we were there a few weeks ago. Her favourite shop was called city beach as it had Roxy and Billabong
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Flanno & thongs - all you need
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:23 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Flanno & thongs - all you need
Ok Diane, got me there. Thongs I'm familiar with, I know I can't go in a pub if I'm wearing them, but what an earth is/are Flanno?
Old Mar 8th 2004, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

A full explanation

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=flanno

dunno if I did that right but it's under Flanno Family
Old Mar 8th 2004, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all your replies. I guess it doesn't take long to adjust to new shops and I don't suppose I'll be needing my jumpers and thermals anyway !!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 7:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ohippy
and I don't suppose I'll be needing my jumpers and thermals anyway !!
Oh yes you will, it gets bloody freezing here for about 3 or 4 months a year. Particularly at night.

The houses are not insulated and none have central heating.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh no - don't say that - hubby is expecting a heat wave all year round.

If it gets so cold, why don't the houses have central heating ? Do you have fires instead ?
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:55 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ohippy
Oh no - don't say that - hubby is expecting a heat wave all year round.

If it gets so cold, why don't the houses have central heating ? Do you have fires instead ?
I think they are in denial that for a portion of the year the weather is as crappy as the Motherland. Either that or they are cheap skates.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

They're in denial about winter here. They rug up, sell ugg boots and ugly heaters.

What we really need is central heating and Next.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I wonder why Gap gave not ventured into the Australian market as they are everywhere else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.