Shopping

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default Shopping

Okay Ladies this is an important one!

Other than Top Shop are there any other UK retailers who ship to Oz?

Lets face it shopping in Oz just does not cut it - I'd rather take my chances buying online than spending hours in the local mall wandering from one identical shop to another (and is it just me being a grumpy old lady or does anyone else get rage when asked if you need any help 5 seconds after entering the shop and then every 10 seconds onwards:curse:??)

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Shopping

Originally Posted by louH

Lets face it shopping in Oz just does not cut it - I'd rather take my chances buying online than spending hours in the local mall wandering from one identical shop to another (and is it just me being a grumpy old lady or does anyone else get rage when asked if you need any help 5 seconds after entering the shop and then every 10 seconds onwards:curse:??)

Thanks
I like to be left to my own devices when shopping, if i feel hounded i just leave.
I haven't actually shopped on-line for anything yet. I just make do with the tat here.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Looie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I only discovered last week Topshop ship out here and I have made my wish list ready for pay day already!!

I've not heard of any other UK retailers shipping here to be honest. An idea I had was order stuff to my friends house and then they were going to send out to me.

I know what you mean about the rage and the shop assistants - it gets a bit much sometime
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I got asked 6 times in five minutes last week if I needed help, all in the same small shop! I finally gave up and walked out cos I was spending more time smiling in a sickly way and saying "just browsing thanks" than I was actually browsing. Drives me nuts, they just can't take the hint.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ukshoppingworldwide.com/ - lots of them. I think I must look scary. I rarely get asked if I want help, and only once just as I walked in. She got the message when I looked (the daughters will tell you that's scary ) and said, no I'm fine, I'm walking in and my legs work. Now I'm walking out and won't be back" The girls were mortified
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
God I hear ya! Its like "leave me alone, if I want help I will ask FFS!!!!!".

To get hit by three of them in one small shop like I did tonight is just grrrr. I always respond with a very firm "no thanks, just looking" without really engaging with them/looking at them ... seems to do the trick. If I need help I ask and am my usual delightful self