Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shoe cleaning again!

Shoe cleaning again!

Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:30 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Shoe cleaning again!

I know this is a daft question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Fear of making a fool of myself has never stopped me yet!

Right. We are flying from Sydney to WA on Friday. Dd and dh have bought new trainers since we arrived and they went up to the Blue Mountains on Sunday, coming home with rather grubby trainers. So do we have to do the mad shoe cleaning stuff we did before we flew to Sydney?

Many thanks.

Sue
Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:51 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shoe cleaning again!

Probably not. The only reason they check your shoes when you arrive from another country is because of bringing in 'foreign' mud and therefore introducing possible disease etc to Australia. However, if I am wrong I am sure someone will say.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:00 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shoe cleaning again!

I know WA are a bit fussy about fruit & plants from other states within Aus but we went over recently & nobody checked our shoes.
As long as your not leaving dirty big muddy footprints through the airport you should be ok.