Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shoddy workmanship - do I complain?

Shoddy workmanship - do I complain?

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shoddy workmanship - do I complain?

as a contractor I would say name and shame, if someone does a bad job them I'm afraid they don't really deserve to be doing the job do they?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
as a contractor I would say name and shame, if someone does a bad job them I'm afraid they don't really deserve to be doing the job do they?
absolutely, although I am always a bit hesitant to do it on a forum. However if anyone in Perth is getting plastering work done and wants to PM me I am happy to give them the name so they can avoid him like a case of the bubonic!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:10 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
As most are aware I am undergoing some renovations on my craphole of a home just now. The kitchen is in but some of the work done by the plasterer is shoddy and I am not sure I can live with it. I still have no cornice and he keeps letting me down to come and finish it off. How does one complain, if one complains at all - do I just live with the shoddy work? I haven't paid him a cent yet so the ball is firmly in my court but I don't like complaining.
I had to get on the blower and scream my lungs out at our builder last week. It seems to have produced the desired effect (for now anyway). I think my call left him shell-shocked. I get the impression that people don't complain very often here. They should!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point

There seem to be a lot of shoddy workmanship around. We had new timber floors put in a couple of months ago - we had such hassles getting it done properly - in the end we got our local handyman to do the finishing touches. At least that way the sleepless nights came to an end! Cost us more in the long run, but at least we know it was finally finished off properly. It just got to the stage that I did not want them back in the house as I knew they were just fudging things.

Trax

PS I live in Sydney and will happily pm the company name